"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Well i too thought i heard peeping at work today! Oh wait...I did!!! Post office called and I ran to pick up my babies that arrived from TN. I was afraid they were too cold as here in Texas last night and this morning it was in the 40s and 50s. I brought them to the hospital (i am a nurse)gave them water and stowed them away in the bosses office who happened to be off today
1f602.png
and I made them a heat pack with a biohazard bag and hot solidifier. They drank and got quiet. Ate really good when I got home. 1 didnt survive the trip a tiny splash isbar. Another splash doesnt look to good. I have her in a brood box by herself her wing is droopy and she is having a hard time standing. Not sure if she is just weak or if she might have a broken leg or wing.

I hope your baby is okay!

well once she finishes hatching as she did it in the coop we are moving her to the insulated coop then we could add a heat lamp if needed. The day olds are out exploring already. then snuggling up next to here only time they are getting under is to sleep, but the nest box is also buried in between hay bales. Funny thing is all the hens contributed to the number of eggs she is hatching and she kinda looks funny at the leghorns chicks, so we are keeping an eye on that.

Should not type before coffee lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom