"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Somehow three little polish chicks ended up in my brooder
1f602.png
woot.gif

awwwwwww well look at those twins at the bottom!! I am sorry this is your worst hatch. :hugs but what lovely babies ok CH how about more COMPLETE INFO when you post if you expect us to answer you? that is not a question that is a statement :weee GO BABIES!! x2 The milk jugs holes need to not be big enough they can climb in, they can drown in there if its deep enough, they do NOT have momma to get the oil from to help them float. so please use the jugs but be certain of those holes it should be as this... see size differences, you will go through several hole heights and sizes as they grow, see sizing the duckling.....
REFER TO THIS LINK FOR A GREAT ADULT WATERER! http://permaculturenews.org/2013/05/20/poo-free-self-filling-duck-waterer/ x2 others use the filters just be sure your getting humidity and air flow level temps
I have a Silkie egg.on day 16 now it has a big clear area but has a back spot that isn't moving and one that is what does it mean

ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! Two babies!!!! Go chicks go!
Cute!
Ok. I love hovabators. Last two hatches- 100% on local eggs and 72% hatch for shipped eggs.
That's great! Just about finished with my first hatch in a turbo fan hovabator. Wish I had your stats!
Just an update, all 8 of my chicks that hatched April 7th are doing great! They will be 2 weeks old tomorrow & they are all healthy even though 6 hatched with omphalitis. This is the chick I had to assist because he got stuck zipping. He is huge now! Buncha boys Chocolate cuckoo chick that is going to my friend. I think this one is a pullet.
Very pretty!
I forgot I had chicks HATCHING!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS IMAGE AT THE BOTTOM MIKE you cant answer this one!!
The hardware cloth on the bottom of the bator? Should have shelf liner or screen to help prevent injury and splay leg.

@Sally Sunshine I cut a milk jug the way that you show, and the ducklings managed to knock it over almost right away. So, I cut a hole in a juice container, and have it on its side for them. Bigger than one of those square Ziploc bowls, but still the same idea.the s
The small jugs are for the first week, then the gallon jugs, why are they dumping them? Do you keep them filled?

Quote:

I forgot I had chicks HATCHING!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS IMAGE AT THE BOTTOM
MIKE you cant answer this one!!

May I answer?

of course!!

holy cow! y'all are busy posters!! tomorrow evening is hatch day for my chicks! We were also blessed with a kid from my FF! it is a buck, so unfortunately we wont be keeping it but it was still quite the experience! I have another doe due to kid any day as well!!

Back
Top Bottom