"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

This morning I woke up to my incubator unplugged. I don't know how it happened or how long it had been unplugged. Has anyone had this happen to them and have any of the eggs hatch?

This morning I woke up to my incubator unplugged. I don't know how it happened or how long it had been unplugged. Has anyone had this happen to them and have any of the eggs hatch?
Oh NO! That's awful!!
hugs.gif
I'll keep my fingers crossed that your eggs hatch alright!
fl.gif

Depends on how far along they are in the incubation process, and how cool they got. The further along they are, the less harmful a short period of cooling is. All you can really do is plug it back in and hope for the best. They may be delayed in hatching, so give them a few extra days before calling them quits.

Polish mix.
love.gif
Not sure who the roo was.
Cute!

I just moved seven in to lock down
fl.gif
Good Luck!

So many cute fuzzbutts being hatched!!! I love SPRING!!!!
woot.gif

I read a post a short while back about a Halloween HAL?? Are eggs normally incubated in the fall???
Sure, some people hatch all year long. Some people don't have this thing we call winter.

Yes, it has happened to others, Yes eggs can hatch, they may be delayed.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Good-Morning-Zoo-1.gif

Currently Viewing

11 Members, 5 Guests
BantyChooks Blooie Chaos18 LeroySouthpaw Sally Sunshine billiejw89 chicken hawk 33 harrellkd jnr005 kybyxbee teamfreewill

EVERYONE come and join the MAY HAL ???
CHECK OUT THOSE PRIZES and a COOP GIVEAWAY!!!
THANK YOU @MyPetChicken !

If you have not joined the

2016 Hatch-a-Long Please Join us here...

COOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by…

i-kDcTPGfk1qTz7wqbYaWDF1SVWWLyDeZPfnT6Qq5WhIQQDYaFjgup8RJ1NafnbTG0JCGEDNCWpaTS7SrthAevspyg49BCYFZ6_ntlcBCR_Norca-Torkt_te3b1P2wJ-1QeZK0w

Remembering Our Fallen

Random Drawing to be chosen from the stories.

If the winner doesn’t want a coop $250 MPC credit.

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest!

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest!

Good Morning Sally!
hugs.gif

My eggciting lockdown picture. Just waiting for Sunday and practicing uploading pictures! 7 guinea eggs, all looking good. I take the pictures mostly to document the dates things happen. Helpful when trying to remember what you did the prior year.

Our broody hen has kicked 2 eggs out of the nest. One yesterday and one today.
hmm.png
I candled the one I found today and it had great veins and I could see the chick but It was not moving, only swishing around when I rotated the egg.

Back
Top Bottom