SQ Ameraucana Auction

Omniskies

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Missouri
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-AMERAUCANA-A...258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230de11572

On one hand, I feel really guilty and want to contact the seller to explain Easter Eggers vs Ameraucanas. On the other hand, I have a bad feeling that if I try to explain anything it will just upset or offend.

I really, really, really, really, really wish hatcheries would man up and call their "Ameraucana/Araucanas" "Easter Eggers" and be done with it. It's false advertising. Period.

Well at least ONE photo looks like a nice pair of blue wheatens...
roll.png
One time I couldn't stop myself and did contact someone...man were they P.O'd!
hide.gif

Funny I also saw this and almost said something, but I am no expert. I guess those of us on here are learning. Sad thing is whoever buys them will not know. maybe the true breeders should report false sellers to e-bay. E-bay will fix it.

Ok this is just my opinion, but, for a lot of pleople the green colored or blue colored egg is what they are looking for, chances are people that are looking to show this kind of birds will know the difference between an Ameraucana and an Easter Egger, but for those people, me included who just want colored eggs than calling them Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers doesn't really matters, I get the point that they should be called what they really are, but then again regular people who just want regular chickens won't even care if there chickens meet the standard of perfection.

Back
Top Bottom