Squirrels

I am going to try the snare.Squirrels are all over my yard stealling apples and chicken feed/BOSS. Lot of meat on those little buggers.

I am thinking of trying the snare too. But there's hundreds and they learn. So I'm thinking I might catch a few, then the rest learn to avoid the snare. But heck, for a bit of wire and 15 minutes work, what do I have to lose?

My neighbor puts PVC deer feeders out on the trees i guess to keep the hogs from stealing the corn and they catch squirrels in them all the time, so maybe you could make some PVC traps to tie on the trees just a thought. my cats and the hawks keep them under control here.

I put out an old trap I had gotten a bit ago.Caught maybe 2 in the 1-2 years I had it,so I just tossed it into the garage.I got 3 so far today.Sweet. I got it at a feed store(online) for about $40 or $50 delivered.Came with the plastic too. I only get one to go in the trap each time.Empty and ready for the next one.

http://squirrelinator.com/

I will still do some snares too.I would shoot them if the neighbors wouldn't throw a fit.With a scope it would not take long at all.

Yay, I got 4 today!

Last edited:
I finally got fed up, one pellet gun, 4 bodies in two days. They were stealing chicken feed, destroying my garden. (lost 8 tomatoes in one day) and I think they got an egg or two.
After two days of 'hunting' I have not seen a single one today. I thought I would feel bad, I don't generally like killing, but they were stealing the food out of my mouth.
The fence around my garden is chicken wire topped with electric (7 strands over a two foot span)
I knew when the hens started really making a ruckus, and there it was in the coop right by the nest box, it was past time to take action.
Good luck.

I have been doing that exact thing. Pellet guns are great for squirrels in the city. Only thing, the little monsters love to get so that the neighbors house is behind them and I can't shoot! Last summer I shot a total of 35. So far this year, you'd swear the numbers had never been thinned.

I completely agree, they are taking food out of my mouth. They eat tomatoes and anything else I grow if I let them. They dig up everything and eat the chicken's food. They have nested in my attic and I had one HELL of a time getting them out. They were trying to eat through roof supports and gnawing out the eaves. They are nothing but rats only you see them in the daytime.

Last edited:
I have a squirrel feeder shaped like a bench.I might put it in the ground in a spot where I can get the little buggers from a window.So far though the trap is working.Got another today.So 5 total.Just wish more than one went into the trap at a time!

you could always shoot em' or use havahart traps to catch and transport them somewhere else. However than you face risk of them always finding their way back home.

Back
Top Bottom