Standard Old English Games

Pics
This guy represents the core appearance of my line that is derived in part from Pierce Red Shufflers. Based on knowledge handed down to me, that stock came from Pierce himself to my grandfather. Line has been in our families possession since. All are straight combed with willow legs. Crossing these guys with anything that is brown red yields a high percentage of red quill colored birds. What is not evident in this image is the brown specking on his breast that distinguishes him from a BBR.

2 Cock 2018 April 7.jpg

Hen below is most closely associated with cock coloration above. Look closely at pattern on her wings.
tmp_7977-20180325_150014135017386-jpg.1310817

This guy represents the core appearance of my line that is derived in part from Pierce Red Shufflers. Based on knowledge handed down to me, that stock came from Pierce himself to my grandfather. Line has been in our families possession since. All are straight combed with willow legs. Crossing these guys with anything that is brown red yields a high percentage of red quill colored birds. What is not evident in this image is the brown specking on his breast that distinguishes him from a BBR.

View attachment 1408144

Hen below is most closely associated with cock coloration above. Look closely at pattern on her wings.
tmp_7977-20180325_150014135017386-jpg.1310817

Perhaps they have the ginger genes in the makeup? Very nice birds!

Tail feathers black, not brown as ligting makes them appear. This dude is very smart and exceptionally easy to handle. I use him to teach kids as lot.

Gray version of above when crossed with bird carrying silver allele.
0-tookey-jpg.1283504

The top bird most definitely looks like a ginger. Very striking color! And the silver is amazing!

Many carry the pattern allele needed to make proper ginger.

Wow I didnt know that. I'm still learning about chicken genetics. Do you recommend a particular book on chicken genetics?

If that's the case though, I think we had some blueface hatch hens that must have been carrying it. They were wheaten but had that marking pattern your hen has.

Back
Top Bottom