Starting my own meat birds dark cornish and cross with white rock

I so agree with that but normally you would think either parent or at least a combination of both however it adds to the mystery. Cheers Paul

My 2017 Hatch is underway. About half are LF White Cornish and the others are Cornish X New Hampshire. I'm excited to see how the crosses do as compared to the pure Cornish. Need to hatch them out to make way for the next round of 26 Cornish and 22 crosses, and probable a few more by the time I'm ready to set.

I love a bator full of new chicks!! Awesome project. With all the yellow chicks hatching together. How are you able to tell the pure birds from the crosses?

Once they fluffed up, the Cornish X New Hampshire's have a dark head and small dark, nearly black spots on there head and body. Hatched out 25 total this round, 12 LF White Cornish and 13 crosses. Two more batched left in the incubator (4-2 & 4-6 hatch dates) before the next big group of eggs are set.

LF White Cornish X New Hampshire

LF White Cornish

LF White Cornish

LF White Cornish

enjoying this thread. Question. Why not just breed dark cornish and eat them? Why cross with rocks/whatever? I am asking as I just got some dark cornish chicks, was planning to raise/breed them for meat birds.

Back
Top Bottom