starving duck help

Update, with his past. I called my neighbor that is moving she was very formative. She stated after she took on the ducks they flow away like crazy,y she had no control where they went. She insisted she gave them food but they left her property and wasn't able to control them leaving. Always offered food. I told her about my duck and she wanted him after recovery, I said NO, you don't know if this is one of the ducks recovered but found laying and dying in the ditch. She agreed about my duck, but I asked about the other two remaining if I possible could have one of them for my duck. and that was not a option for now.
Very sad situation, what should I do about the other two ducks still alive? Any suggestions, I am at a loss to fight for them? She is very old schooled. I tired the I have a sick duck situation and did'nt go well. She just told me to toss my duck, over the fence when well. I confirmed tho my duck could of been from previous owners and ended up at my property. She is in her eighties and very strong farmer. Should I continue to help the last two? Any help is appreciated.
hugs.gif
you need to get those last 2 ducks

I dunno what to suggest either...
hmm.png

At this point, what I would do is not exactly what others may do...
hide.gif

i would take the 2 remaining and pretend i bought them off clist

Should you bluntly inform her that she is not taking care of those ducks correctly, and unless she surrenders them to you, you will call the authorities on her?

Or should you just take them, or can you offer to purchase them?

What about the geese?

Should you bluntly inform her that she is not taking care of those ducks correctly, and unless she surrenders them to you, you will call the authorities on her?  

Or should you just take them, or can you offer to purchase them?  

What about the geese?
I agree either take them or beg her
You should do what you think is best
I wish you the best of luck

I live around some old schooled farmers as well. You may need to "think" like them to get through to her. Here are a couple of ideas.... Many farmers get rid of their excess animals before winter sets in so they won't have to feed them. So perhaps you could approach her on that note. Something like hey since they weren't yours in the first place and it's my fault they got "dumped" on you I can take them now so you don't have to feed them over winter. Or another idea may be approach it from a 4H angle. Many farmers started out in 4H and have a soft spot for it. You could tell her that your children/niece/nephew is getting into 4H and ask if she would be willing to donate the ducks and geese for their project or if you could purchase them from her for it?

I did ask for the other two ducks, she was very strong on keeping them. The county doesn't look at geese and ducks as farm animals as possible normal wild animals living on farms. I will not enter someones fenced property and take animals. I am not willing to go to jail for trespassing. Update Lucky duck is doing very well, his good foot is totally free of black spots
smile.png
. his swollen foot has come down but still causes issues. He doesn't do much during the day but lay. Looks forward to his nightly bath then stands on both feet grooming him self. I was wondering and adding niacin to his water along with already added oxytetrcyclihn and vitamins and electrolytes, is this the best way or crush it and blend in some water and feed in mouth? If okay what mg percentage.

The same people who moved and left the ducks also left rabbits. Tonight. we are hitting 11degrees . I found a rabbit on my property. I am picking up a cage to catch it, so I guess if any ducks enter my property
smile.png

I could try to catch them as well. Wish me luck.

He looks sooo much better! Still, that one foot worries me... I'm not sure if lancing it would be a good idea or not??? @casportpony

Good luck on getting the bunny, and I truly hope the other ducks happen to wander onto your property...

Adding extra Niacin should be fine... crush 150mg niacin tablets (that's the amount of niacin, not just the tablets if using Vitamin B complex tabs) into 1 gal of water and dissolve... just fill his water bowl from the jug, shaking each time before pouring it in... mix new jug as needed... :)

I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for being such a good human being. All of my birds are special to me but my ducks really have a special place in my heart. They seem so sweet and innocent. You've done a great job so far. Kudos to you!
1f493.png

Back
Top Bottom