Stella's Social Club

Poor Guy!

Thanks for the update
Of course!

Oh no!! We all love Tucker too! Mary's stories about him made me feel as if I know him - and both of them also. When you visit, tell them we are all praying for a complete recovery for Tucker and hope that everything is well with their family. We would love to hear what's been going on with Mary, Michael and Tucker since since they dropped off the BYC radar.
Will do!
Poor Mary. I feel so bad for her. I know she and Michael love Tucker so much!
They do. For people that were not "dog lovers", that boy made his way into their hearts.

Thanks for the update. Poor little guy - hope he recovers. Autoimmune diseases are terrible.

Nice to see you too, Kelly :)
Thanks, I'm trying to get back here more often. Just when my mom is done with treatment, other family issues pop up that keep me busy. I think I need a nice long vacation.

I hope Mary doesn't mind me sharing. I know a lot of you think of her often, even though she doesn't come on BYC anymore.

I talked to her. They almost lost Tucker. He was hospitalized at the vet in ICU for about a week. It turns out he has an auto immune disease, and without treatment would certainly die. (most dogs die even with treatment) He improved enough to come home on a bunch of medications, but Mary has been taking great care of him. He is not out of the woods yet, but he is improving. Her and Michael are giving him a lot of love and pampering. He is probably the most loved dog on the planet. And after the life he had before Mary and Michael, he deserves every minute of it. I'm hoping to go over and visit with them (and Tucker) when Mary is ready for a visitor.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad he's home with his people and is being pampered.

I want to make one of those heat pad brooder caves, or whatever they are called. Have any of you tried one?
I use premier 1 brooder plates and brinsea. I like the premier better.

From what I can glean from the posts, you have to use a heating pad that does not auto shut off. Most have a safety shut off feature

I use premier 1 brooder plates and brinsea. I like the premier better.

I prefer to not use those plates. I had actually planned to order one of the "Premier" plates, until I got 24 Silkie chicks (from 1-3 wks old) from someone that used those plates. Every little silkie had its crest singed off! They are just now growing back.

Congratulations, Kathy! Amazing how fast this year's have flown.

I also have a Premier plate. If you don't adjust them properly the chicks can be too close to the heat plate. The legs are independently adjustable, so I always raise one edge higher so the chicks can pick their own comfort zone, and adjust them higher weekly.

The things I like are that they are UL listed and the electronics are sealed up and unlikely to get wet or fray. Compared to older heating pads, which are kind of scary. When they stay on for long periods of time, like days (which they are not intended for), the wiring can overheat or short out.

Back
Top Bottom