Stella's Social Club

I delivered the first batch of hatching eggs to State Fair yesterday (fair opens tomorrow). There were two eggs pipped when I packed up the eggs for the drive down. When I started to unpack into their incubator, a lakenvelder egg was completely zipped inside the carton. The handful of kids in the building were thrilled when the chick popped out within ten minutes. I had an audience of everyone that was still around. The youth rabbit show finishes judging today, I think the eggs will put on quite the show for them!
big_smile.png
That is awesome Deb, I think it is so cool you are doing this for the fair.. ;)

I saw "Baby Chicks Hatching" on the Fair schedule and thought of you Deb!

I moved my babies into the Little Yellow House yesterday. I bought a big rabbit cage to replace the brooder I built. Once I moved the double ferret cage in there I could no longer open the door to the homemade brooder. Plus, there wed slits where the wood didn't quite meet the window sill and copious amounts of feed and savings fell down to the floor. The pile was so high Michael had to crawl under and vacuum it up for me. I just decided to scrap that plan and go with a cage sitting on the base I built. I am also trying to get them used to a rabbit waterer. I did that before and it was much cleaner. Hopefully these guys will get the hang of it. You can see them huddled in the corner. I left the regular waterer in until I see them using the other one!

I am trying to re-home the two blue chicks on the right on Craigslist. I have too many blues! So far no takers.

They gotta go Kelly. If my ad on Craigslist doesn't work, I'll just grow them out until they are old enough to go to Fred.

Have fun on your hike an be safe!

Today is the day we are supposed to get the new A/C for downstairs. I hope it does the trick. I am sick of being upstairs. Plus, I make a hundred trips up and down all day, and stair climbing stresses my heart.

Back
Top Bottom