Stella's Social Club

Hi to you all!
frow.gif

I didn't realize I had been off here for so long! Gosh, it took me quite awhile to read and catch up!

Cyn, I love your gardening-canning updates.

Mary, I always love your pictures and videos!

Hello to the newbies, too!

I downsized my chickens to only a few. Maybe 25? Surprise! Yep. Well, I do still have a few of the broodies with their chicks here running around. I will end up getting rid of the chicks though. I just like watching them... for a little while.....

I decided to try "juicing." I have gained too much weight. I weigh more than I ever have in my whole life! It makes me miserable, too. If I hit 200 pounds, I won't be able to walk! Sooooo, I am gonna try this for awhile. I hope. I watched this movie. It is motivating. "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"

Breakfast...........

Lunch...........

Supper was green and I forgot to get a picture. Tyler was here and he was trying the juicer himself, so I was distracted. Anyway, it was good!

WOW! Only around 25 chickens, you have downsized! The juice does look good, I've been thinking about getting a juicer for a while.

That looks really good, Kathy. I found some great popsicle type bars made from fruit and veggies called Outshine. I could eat those all day long.

My squash garden is blooming. The butternut and eggplant and cantaloupe are growing really slow but they had a rough start in another location and had to be transplanted in here. The crookneck and zucchini are all doing really well here. Just hope they actually have squash on them and not just blooms but the plants all appear very strong.

Much of the peaches and cream corn didn't come up, unfortunately.

The brussels sprouts and okra are both growing okay there, though.

Love the mutts Mike.
lau.gif
We are taking Tucker to the beach for a few days. You know how hard he works around here.

The animals are ready to put Kelly through her paces. Laverne was lining up her horns with the wire fence just this morning! The broodies in Coop#1 are planning a major cat fight including chick abductions. Loca has been sharpening her beak on the concrete. Diana has been chewing at the chain on the gate in readiness for an escape. Yep, we're ready!
smack.gif
I guess this will be your last vacation then!
lau.gif

Had to go back and read up on this. :( So very sad.
My sister lost three children to the same illness..Encephalitis. One passed away in the month of Feb. at the age of 22 months. Yrs. later, her 5 yr. old son died in the same month, Feb. Then, that very same yr. her 7 yr. old died just before Christmas..in Dec. I can't believe that she has gone on to be as strong as she is. She has three healthy boys now, and grandchildren.
So sorry Kathy. My sis told me that there are no words to explain the pain. So sorry.
hugs.gif
Oh my gosh, how awful for your sister. I'm so very sorry for her.

Well, I had to set up the trap today. Something killed my broody bantam cochin hen, partially ate her, and I'm sure her chicks as well since they are nowhere to be seen. So the live trap is out and baited with chicken, and I'm going to set up a glass bottle weasel trap as I was told the way the hen was eaten sounds like a weasel.
I'm sorry you lost your hen and chicks.

Quote: Ugh, I have 2 holes to dig for lavender, and I'm procrastinating on it. Got the pomegranate planted though.

Hi to you all!
frow.gif

I didn't realize I had been off here for so long! Gosh, it took me quite awhile to read and catch up!

I downsized my chickens to only a few. Maybe 25? Surprise! Yep. Well, I do still have a few of the broodies with their chicks here running around. I will end up getting rid of the chicks though. I just like watching them... for a little while.....

I decided to try "juicing." I have gained too much weight. I weigh more than I ever have in my whole life! It makes me miserable, too. If I hit 200 pounds, I won't be able to walk! Sooooo, I am gonna try this for awhile. I hope. I watched this movie. It is motivating. "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"

Breakfast...........

Lunch...........

Supper was green and I forgot to get a picture. Tyler was here and he was trying the juicer himself, so I was distracted. Anyway, it was good!
Wow, only 25. That must have been difficult! The juicing looks nice and healthy.

We have a veggie share with a local farm and so I'm eating a bunch of veggies too. So much comes in the box that we are having a hard time getting through all of it.

That looks really good, Kathy. I found some great popsicle type bars made from fruit and veggies called Outshine. I could eat those all day long.

My squash garden is blooming. The butternut and eggplant and cantaloupe are growing really slow but they had a rough start in another location and had to be transplanted in here. The crookneck and zucchini are all doing really well here. Just hope they actually have squash on them and not just blooms but the plants all appear very strong.

Much of the peaches and cream corn didn't come up, unfortunately.

The brussels sprouts and okra are both growing okay there, though.

Great looking garden!
thumbsup.gif
You know, you can dip squash blossoms in tempura batter and fry them - incredibly yummy! (somehow, this doesn't go along with Kathy's healthy looking juices!!)
tongue.png

Hi to you all!
frow.gif

Breakfast...........

Lunch...........

Hi Kathy - new Stella person here - I watched that video last summer, ran right out and "invested" in a juicer, started walking every day and managed to lose 23 pounds in 4 months! That video is very motivating!

Cyn, lovely garden. I'll have to get a picture of mine. It's 100 degrees right now, so I'm not going out to get a picture. Maybe in the morning.

Here was some of my visit to Mary's today. Her chickens have a garden of their own. Looks like they are growing corn (by the fence) and squash (up the hill some). Isi wanted to see what I had for him and his women.

Her Broody Marans was doing fine with those Chocolate Orp babies. She took them outside after the picture.

And there was a chicken on the deck that didn't make it.
lau.gif
I secretly wonder if Tucker took it out.

All of the animals were fine, Jack and Diane let me pet them. (I had oats, so it was pretty much guaranteed) I out maneuvered the emu's trying to get the feed out of the bucket before I got it in the feeder. The goats just looked at me like, go away you strange lady. Most importantly, I came away unscathed and still had my pants on.
yesss.gif
And I even got an Icelandic egg for my broody Icelandic hen. She'll be happy to get something to sit on. (with some other eggs)

Last edited:
Gratuitous picture of our little man, Xander. He is the main man for the big Orpington hens, forever known as "Suede's girls". They willingly take food from him, but oh, let him try to get frisky and it's on like Donkey Kong! He has a marvelous crow and though he's defective as heck with two side sprigs, being hatchery stock, I think he's absolutely adorable. Just look at those sweet eyes! To be fair, he does have great black color and marvelous foot feathering for a hatchery guy. Ladyhawk may eventually take him back to her place to make Coch'Anvers, which are a super cool designer pet we like to breed, where his side sprigs are irrelevant.

Cyn, lovely garden. I'll have to get a picture of mine. It's 100 degrees right now, so I'm not going out to get a picture. Maybe in the morning.

Here was some of my visit to Mary's today. Her chickens have a garden of their own. Looks like they are growing corn (by the fence) and squash (up the hill some). Isi wanted to see what I had for him and his women.

Her Broody Marans was doing fine with those Chocolate Orp babies. She took them outside after the picture.

And there was a chicken on the deck that didn't make it.
lau.gif
I secretly wonder if Tucker took it out.

All of the animals were fine, Jack and Diane let me pet them. (I had oats, so it was pretty much guaranteed) I out maneuvered the emu's trying to get the feed out of the bucket before I got it in the feeder. The goats just looked at me like, go away you strange lady. Most importantly, I came away unscathed and still had my pants on.
yesss.gif
And I even got an Icelandic egg for my broody Icelandic hen. She'll be happy to get something to sit on. (with some other eggs)
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom