Stella's Social Club

46 degrees here at present on the way up to 66. Gotta say, perfect weather. Son # 2 and his wife will soon be headed east on I-80 from SLC heading towards Iowa City.
Son # 4 is headed north towards Vegas and then on to Provo. I'll be worried all day until he gets there as he will have snow and bad weather the entire way. Son#3 is settled in SLC for the next three months Son #1 and family is in SLC today but headed back to Logan tomorrow where it hit -24 this past week. The house seems empty now with just the two youngest. Hope CA survives this week of Pineapple Express storms

Sorry Mary isn't here to greet you Dar. We got a surprise visit from you, and have no idea what Mary has been up to.
hu.gif

Sorry Mary isn't here to greet you Dar. We got a surprise visit from you, and have no idea what Mary has been up to.
hu.gif
Well, I guess she's been moving the business?... and living through lots of rain right? Glad to see all of the old regulars.
Got a McMurray hatchery catalog in the mail today. I sit and dream!.... Oh well. I'm getting too old for all the work that chicken's require anyway. So I'll have to be content with my dreams.

I'm glad she found a new spot, hope it works out better for her. Does it still have the same name?
No, she changed the name too, as nobody could seem to remember it. It is called Echoes now. It's a much better location for her, and the store itself is gorgeous. It has a really elegant feel to it when you walk in.

Last edited:
I have 2 lemon pound cakes in the oven now. What else is there to do on a really stormy day besides baking? Sure beats laundry and cleaning, which I'm also doing.

So far, this atmospheric river storm has given us more than 4 inches of rain in 2 days. 2 1/2 inches so far today.

Last edited:
Well, the storm rainfall wasn't as bad as they expected - we only got 5 1/2 inches of rain. But since rain was occurring in the mountains, which melted the snow, the rivers are overflowing and there has been significant flooding in the valley. They have opened flood gates that haven't been opened in 10 years.

At least there was enough of a break in the rain today, so I could bury Briet (my last Icelandic). She died last night of natural causes. She was a month shy of being 6 years old, so she had a good life. My large coop is looking really bare with only 8 hens in it. (2 Welsummers, 1 BSL, 1 Olive egger, 2 EE's, 1 Crazy English Orp, 1 Barnevelder) I'm looking forward to spring and rebuilding my flocks from all of the losses I've had.

Speaking of Icelandics, where the heck has the Other Mary been? Gosh I miss her.

Back
Top Bottom