Stockton CA Pacific Poultry Breeders Assoc Show 1/28 - 1/29/12

Kim I would definetely be interested in a breeder auction................both ways. I went to J.S. West's & wished it was much larger & more diversified. I don't know if it needs to be well publicized or what but the more birds & better birds the better the auction. Even at the show in Stockton alot of the sale barn birds didn't seem to offer much. Of course I wasn't really looking to take home much that I didn't already have a source for. I was a good girl almost. I will tell you that story another time.........LOL

Congratulations Walt....Good for you. I got a chance to talked to your friend that breeds the Shamo that night at the banquet a very nice lady & pretty too. She says she will be able to help my son Aaron get started in the shamo & I did reconfirm with him that he does indeed want the reds & he does think he would like to show.
I have a ball & already can't wait to go next year. Maybe I can even talk myself into showing by then.
Hope to see you in Fresno.

She is the breeder/exhibitor of the Shamo that was res of show. I got birds from her four years ago, so the black I showed is her bloodlines. Even though I had bigger wins in the show, that RB Shamo was the most important win for me. That means I have not fouled up her strain. She didn't even know she had res of show and when I told her, she didn't believe me. Women don't usually believe me, so it was no surprise. Women don't usually raise Shamo's so when guys call they ask for the "man of the house to talk chickens".....that is kind of the kiss of death if you know what I mean. lol She has some of the best Shamo's in the US if not the best. She is also a nice lady and I will pass on the compliment. She told me that she would take care of you after you talked to her.

Walt

Two things -

1) This thread is useless without pictures!!

wink.png

2) I'd love to meet Susan someday. It would be nice to meet another (female) who raises Gamefowl.

I got about a billion pictures at the show although i realized when i got home that the only pics i took in the bantam ban were of polish! lol i shll post my faves later

Pictures?? I have some but they are mostly with my kids in them.
My girls getting ready before the show.

Abby won 1st and BV with her black Cochin Hen! (Tons of black cochin hens too!)

The kids got a kick out of this very beautiful turkey.

My mother daughter bantam polish (the one of the left is the mom and she won BV) The pullet is her baby. Both won 1st in their division.

The kids and their winnings. I can't remember exactly but I think seven 1st places, two 2nds and one 3rd place.

I only bought one bird. A bantam cochin rooster. I needed him real bad to breed with all my bantam cochin frizzle girls. He is beautiful.

Also the breeder we got our starter pair in Washington gave us this rooster. We love him already. :)

We can't wait until Fresno!

Quote:
Two things -

1) This thread is useless without pictures!!

wink.png

2) I'd love to meet Susan someday. It would be nice to meet another (female) who raises Gamefowl.

Back
Top Bottom