Stockton CA Pacific Poultry Breeders Assoc Show 1/28 - 1/29/12

Reserve of Show was a Black Shamo Illia. I had Res of Breed to that Shamo, so I felt pretty good about that. It was a strong class.

Walt

Sweet! I'm very glad to hear that!

Someone's gotta have pics.
smile.png

Just thought that I would post a pic of 2 of the cutest spring chickens at the Stockton show! I wish that I had taken one with Makayla, Kim. I snapped this one before you two made it to the Duck Nook.

I just got home from the Stockton show and I had SUCH a great time! Met some really nice people and came home with 5 new additions (nice silkie pullets). I had fun showing my silkies for the first time and I think I learned some things.

This thread has been great and I'm totally hooked on showing chickens!

I came home to a brand new chick in my incubator but I don't think it's doing so good. It didn't close up after absorbing the yolk sac. I have applied a little Vetericyn to prevent infection. Anything else I can do? Does it stand a chance of making it? It is my first Lavender Ameraucana and I really want it to survive.

Thank you,

Julie

Those two look like they're up to no good Debi. LOL People were talking about the girls and their headbands all day. They'd mention the 3 little girls in the bands and how cute they were and what cool bands they had. I think this needs to be their trademarks. LOL Karen needs a table. She could have racked up this weekend with those things.

I'm going to cross post this in the California thread, but thought maybe this was a really good thread to bring it up.

I just left the poultry auction. I live right down the street from it. Gave the owner the info for BYC today and we talked about the show. He didn't go, but he wanted to know if I could put out feelers for him. He wants to do an annual or bi-annual Specialty auction. All quality birds. As you know most auctions are the birds people are just done with, so you never know what you will get. But he wanted to see if there was enough interest to do it. I told him I could ask about 100,000 + people and find out, but starting here. Supposedly this is the biggest poultry auction in the US, but then again I haven't been to but a couple, so maybe if he get in here or someone at the auction comes in for him we ca get some details and he can get our feelings at to whether it is something we would want.

Would this be something anyone would want to do? Would it be something that should be done at a show maybe? He's trying to get some kind of an idea. We could probably do reserves, so no one has to go any lower than they want to. IDK. I thought it was a good idea when he asked, but I'm thinking about it and would that many really show up? Thing is a lot of people who attend the shows don't show, but they do buy and sell.

OK someone give me some input. Pros and cons.

Yes, if he does it while I'm still hatching and there are reserves, I'll do it. I'll have a lot of purebred chicks, mostly Wyandottes, and I'm not too far away.

Jean was there until Sunday. I talked to her and Christina Korfus for about an hour Saturday. With two building it is a bit hard to find people if you don't have their phone number.
Nice meeting you Sat night.

Walt

I spent hours Saturday trying to find you, Walt, to say hello....and Jean to get some cockerels from her. I never saw either of you. I was even able to track down Jean's cell number. She must have been busy chatting away with Walt to hear my call!
wink.png
I'm really bummed I missed you both!

Congratulations Walt....Good for you. I got a chance to talked to your friend that breeds the Shamo that night at the banquet a very nice lady & pretty too. She says she will be able to help my son Aaron get started in the shamo & I did reconfirm with him that he does indeed want the reds & he does think he would like to show.
I have a ball & already can't wait to go next year. Maybe I can even talk myself into showing by then.
Hope to see you in Fresno.

Kirstie, Thank you so much for the eggs. I had a pair of earrings for you but never saw you again after the egg table. How did you do with your eggs? Denny did great. She took a 1st & an overall 2nd & I took a third with my BCM eggs.First time I ever entered & I have a long way to go I thought. It was nice meeting Candy too.
I missed meeting alot of people I would have liked to have met too but enjoyed meeting so many others. Pet Rock Debi................I soooooooo enjoyed all the time I got to spend with you & can't wait to show Olivia the picture you took of Monet & her. She had a blast, but said she was afraid staying the night in the motel...............why I do not know......LOL. We will have to come & visit you & Monet. Antioch is not that far away. We have been to Sean's home there twice & now he has moved to Concord.
Next year we are thinking about coming Friday night & staying over til after the banquet Saturday night then just driving back home. It only takes about 50 minutes to home & I missed out on the only birds I really wanted by not being there Friday night. We went early Sat & they were already sold Friday night. I wanted the Reeve's Pheasants for my son. There were no Dominiques & no Dorkings for me.

Back
Top Bottom