Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

I miss the album cover art in the album size. Sigh.

Hubby downloaded two albums to my MP3 player. I never had them on CD, and wow, the sound was so much clearer than vinyl. :gig

A friend of mine who is a symphony musician told me it was a big topic of conversation in the symphony when recordings transitioned from album to CD, as the sound was "different."

I miss the album cover art in the album size. Sigh.

Hubby downloaded two albums to my MP3 player. I never had them on CD, and wow, the sound was so much clearer than vinyl. :gig

A friend of mine who is a symphony musician told me it was a big topic of conversation in the symphony when recordings transitioned from album to CD, as the sound was "different."
Early CDs you are correct. Later CDs most people don't have the ears to tell the difference, and it's most notable in the very low register and the very high register drums sound hollow horn sound flat. Let's not even talk about Jethro Tull and a flute. MP3 still has the same problem depending upon the sampling rate. Most MP3s are trash. New line vinyl is still supposed to be the best though I can't tell the difference, and of course that changes after you played a couple of times too many. Pop click his pop pop click.88

Early CDs you are correct. Later CDs most people don't have the ears to tell the difference, and it's most notable in the very low register and the very high register drums sound hollow horn sound flat. Let's not even talk about Jethro Tull and a flute.
My friend plays the piccolo and flute, so she definitely heard the differences, since that's the range she plays. 30 years ago, I might have had the ears to notice more than I do now. I've always been careful to wear hearing protection when shooting, and most other loud activities. Still, hearing loss is cumulative, and I didn't put on muffs when I was on the shop floor in my tool and die days. Eye protection was mandatory; ears..? Nah.

One of the printers at the photo lab had a terrible high-pitched whine. Wonder what that did to my hearing? The manager didn't care; his office was on the other side of the building.

Back
Top Bottom