Stromberg's Hatchery

I've bought from Stromberg's quite a few times. Not sure if they do small orders though but they have sooooo many breeds and shipping is included on most of their prices so though it seems higher than other hatcheries, it actually evens out in the end. I bought a Bower incubator from them once and an order of 12 quail eggs to hatch in it. Well the incubator ended up crushing the quail eggs so I called to ask about returning it. Mrs. Stromberg was very nice (she is an author too of the Guide to Better Hatching, among others). Anyway she not only allowed me to return the used incubator, she also refunded my eggs free of charge! Later I ordered mixed ducklings - and split the order with two folks on craigslist - and was very happy. Received NO pekins or Mallards, which I mentioned I didn't want many of when I ordered. I have nothing bad to say about Stromberg's.
That awesome. I did inquire about small orders and they got back to me right away and said i could order 3 but they would have to be the same breed and wouldn't have a live guarantee. I bet they would probably make it but if I have the chance to split and order I am going too. Plus then maybe I could get different breeds :)

I ordered 10 sexed female Welsummers from Strombergs and it turned out to be 8 roos. Yep...never got a refund. So that kind of made me mad. I did love their mottled java though they are very nice quality. I kept one hen and one roo from them for breeding

I ordered 10 sexed female Welsummers from Strombergs and it turned out to be 8 roos. Yep...never got a refund. So that kind of made me mad. I did love their mottled java though they are very nice quality. I kept one hen and one roo from them for breeding
ooohhh noooo. Thats what I am afraid of. I don't want to fall in love with them and then have to get rid of them. We cant have any roo's in our city.

Wow! Wonder how that happened since Welsummers are fairly easy to figure out at hatch (at least mine are). That is really too bad. They definitely should have sent a refund out to you.

I haven't ordered chicks from them, but the other supply orders have arrived quickly. There is nothing worse than ordering pullets and receiving cockerels..
idunno.gif

I ordered 6 Pilgrim goslings in February. After I ordered they changed their limit to 4. My "turn" came up and the breeder couldn't hatch out six, so they let me get some ducklings as replacements. I had wanted at least pairs but had worried I'd end up with 4 males and 2 females. So with the 4 I got one male and 3 females plus 5 Cayuga ducklings. I really couldn't be happier. It was frustrating waiting but with the spring we've had in Minnesota I get why they were having problems.

Has anyone done a small order of like 4 day old chicks from strombergs? We are thinking about it but there is no live delivery guarentee. hmmm. We only want 3 or 4 chicks and need females only becuase our city doesn't allow roosters and i just don't know where to go.

i dont know is 4 chicks would stand much of a chance, i believe you would need there to be a few more in the box for body heat so they dont die

Back
Top Bottom