Stupid, Mean Rooster! How Do I Stop This Overbreeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this doesn't work:
Tell you're dad he made a promise and he can not brak it just like that. Are you sure he isn't teasing you?

Say that you are more responsible than he is in taking care of you're flock. And you are going to kill the rooster because the behaviour of the rooster is unacceptable and will not improve. Better 1 rooster in the freezer and 2 hens laying eggs than 2 hens dead and a lonely rooster in the coop.
He said that he might keep the rooster till thanksgiving to keep it "fresh" and he also said that if I ask him again, all the chickens will be killed...

Yes, you could dull the nails and spurs with a file, that might help.
Too bad you're minor and your Dad won't take care of the problem.
I'd like to smack him too.
He said that he might keep the rooster till thanksgiving to keep it "fresh" and he also said that if I ask him again, all the chickens will be killed...

I have two roosters that have been harassing my hens lately. I want to make them into some soup.
Killing all the chickens sounds like it’s going a bit to far. Maybe he’s just trying to threaten you into not asking again? I say DONT kill Mr. Problem Roo by yourself, because parents don’t seem to like it when you take a knife to your family pets. I’m sorry that your dad doesn’t want to solve the issue. For now I’d filedown his claws and spurs and if that doesn’t help, confront your dad again later. If he doesn’t want to kill that one rooster, I don’t think he’ll kill all the chickens.

I have two roosters that have been harassing my hens lately. I want to make them into some soup.
Killing all the chickens sounds like it’s going a bit to far. Maybe he’s just trying to threaten you into not asking again? I say DONT kill Mr. Problem Roo by yourself, because parents don’t seem to like it when you take a knife to your family pets. I’m sorry that your dad doesn’t want to solve the issue. For now I’d filedown his claws and spurs and if that doesn’t help, confront your dad again later. If he doesn’t want to kill that one rooster, I don’t think he’ll kill all the chickens.
Trust me my dad doesn't think of him as a family pet. I am going to file down his nails.

Cut his head off! Thats what rooster do breed hens and fight with the other roosters. Now if he is a expensive rooster just pen him away from the hens... Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom