Stupid people anyway! HELP!

All I can say is WOW!

Man, I am not sure my husband or I would have had the restraint to NOT shoot. Granted, we don't have folks who can watch our farm, so we never both go on vacation at the same time. but I would be heartbroken to come up to my girls missing. Even more upset to know that they suffered and died because of some idiots.

But to be woken up to thieves on my property, trying to take my animals? I would be hard pressed to not touch that trigger. Granted, we only have 22s on our farm, but it'd still hurt! Such incredible GALL!

I, too, have good neighbors who would come to my aid in the middle of the night. They have much more calm heads than me. But when my animals are in danger - you better watch out if you are the cause of it.

I am so glad they got caught, and that you found some of your animals again. Sounds like a whole operation and that you weren't the only victim. Hopefully catching those three idiots was the beginning of the end for the whole deal.

Citron_d'uccle :

Another update for everyone.

The Abilene police have found my Chocolate Turkey pair and four of my Mille Fleur d'Uccle hens alive, and I am going to get them tomorrow.

Sadly, they also found my Citron's but they didn't make it in the heat because they had no access to water.
hit.gif
They were also feeding them food for cockatiels.
hit.gif
hit.gif

What bitter sweet news for you (and all of us pulling for you on BYC)
sad.png

I hope your turkeys and d'uccles have not had long term damage/harm done to them. I am sure they will be more than happy to get back home.

Maybe you need a large, protective outdoor dog? We have one......she is large and barks
big_smile.png
People give her respect not even knowing if she would bite or not.​

Quote:
Any 22 rifles or pistol can kill a person or varmint very easy; they are not to be under estimated.

I'm glad they found your birds, so sorry they did not all make it. I was really hoping for a better resolution for you. At least it's a small comfort some of them are coming home.

I too would make sure they thieves are charged to the full extent of the law, make sure the police know the true replacement value of the citrons and make sure they are brought up on animal cruelty charges as well. Maybe they should be subjected to no water and inadequate feed for a while.

I too wonder if someone hadn't scouted your birds before, or someone they knew (like the guys you busted) told them about the birds.

While my Black Copper Marans are not that valuable, it makes me nervous to think anyone could walk up and steal my birds because they felt like it. I don't understand why people do it- especially if they don't eat them, but have no plan in place to actually keep them alive to sell them. I mean really, how hard is it to put water in a bowl?

Citron_d'uccle :

Call Police.....check
Fingerprint sidecutters........check
Move lazyboy to back porch......check
loaded .30/.30 lever action.........check
loaded Glock 19..........check
loaded AR-15......check

Waiting on the bad guys to return..........OH YEAH!!!!!!

Ma Deuce is waiting.......
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom