Sumatra Thread!

I am really happy because next year my mom is letting me going to a National show in Ventura California I hope I do well. I heard last year there where about a 100 sumatras in the class. it is in April some time. so we will find out if my sumatras are as good as people tell me they are.

I did great yesterday at the show! I got best and reserve champion WF JR, Reserve AOSB JR, Champion JR FL, Reserve JR Game and RIS JR overall with my black muscovy hen!! There were 200+ plus JR birds and over 500+ adult birds! In open i won Champion and Reserve Heavy Duck and Champion and Reserve Standard duck! Tom Kernan won BIS with his Bantam Black Sumatra Hen 

What other colors of Muscovys do you have

I did great yesterday at the show! I got best and reserve champion WF JR, Reserve AOSB JR, Champion JR FL, Reserve JR Game and RIS JR overall with my black muscovy hen!! There were 200+ plus JR birds and over 500+ adult birds! In open i won Champion and Reserve Heavy Duck and Champion and Reserve Standard duck! Tom Kernan won BIS with his Bantam Black Sumatra Hen
Congrats!! Great job!

Quote:
I am really happy because next year my mom is letting me going to a National show in Ventura California I hope I do well. I heard last year there where about a 100 sumatras in the class. it is in April some time. so we will find out if my sumatras are as good as people tell me they are.
Good luck

will you be showing the Tom Kernan birds or your own breeding?

Thanks I will be showing both. the sumatras that tom Kernans gave me are nice birds the best qualities they have is the tail angles and spears and the dark faces.the ones I got from Jame Smith are also really nice birds they have some of the nicest heads on them as well as yellow bottom feet and is right on with getting that stale blue color .l think this years batch will be good knock on wood! they seem to be already developing good lacing and their shade is starting to look like a stale blue I really don't like it when they get too dark. their bottoms of the feet are a deep yellow. and it looks like they are going to have a lot of spears per leg they are still very young so it is hard to say.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom