Sumatra Thread!

Is anyone here selling farm fresh eggs for eating? And if so how much are you getting per dozen? My neighbor is buying mine at 2.50 as many as he can get. right now I'm averaging 3 1/2 dozen every other day not much but its a start

Is anyone here selling farm fresh eggs for eating? And if so how much are you getting per dozen? My neighbor is buying mine at 2.50 as many as he can get. right now I'm averaging 3 1/2 dozen every other day not much but its a start
I've never really tried to sell eating eggs. I give some to the old lady across the road. Most people around me either have their own chickens for eggs or won't eat a farm fresh egg.
idunno.gif

People won't eat them? Wow I prefer them that's why I have chickens lol I was told by two old timers I know that have been doing it for about 30 years that I won't get but a dollar or dollar 50 for them so I guess 2.50 is good
I've never really tried to sell eating eggs. I give some to the old lady across the road. Most people around me either have their own chickens for eggs or won't eat a farm fresh egg. :idunno

I've never really tried to sell eating eggs. I give some to the old lady across the road. Most people around me either have their own chickens for eggs or won't eat a farm fresh egg. :idunno
I was giving them to the guy and his kids but I guess he figured I was giving away too much with no payment that hed just start paying me lol

So I had a buyer for 10 Sumatra eggs and they bailed if anyone is interested here. I could have them out tomorrow morning. I'll do a classified tomorrow night but that won't do any good today so I'm posting here...PM me if interested...thanks,

I have assorted layers right now, getting about 7 eggs per day on average. I sell chicken eggs for $2/dozen and duck eggs at $0.50 a piece.

My flock is mixed up right now too until I get more coops built my only mixed chickens though are my EE roo and red star x cornish and the 21 eggs I just hatched lol I'm excited about my blue andalusian x lavender orpington chicks
I have assorted layers right now, getting about 7 eggs per day on average.  I sell chicken eggs for $2/dozen and duck eggs at $0.50 a piece.

While I was out moving birds around today, I took a couple pics of our super dark blue bantams that are almost black. I have tried to describe it to folks, about how it is so dark blue that it looks like black with a matte center. These two are from the same bloodline, we got the eggs this spring and got them to hatch and for the longest time I thought they were both black until we were moving them. When you breed blue together for too long, they get too dark. So we will be breeding these two to some of our other blues in hopes of lightening the color some.

First is the side of the cockerel

Next is the pullet

Being a breeder of Andalusians, I think I can tell you that these birds above are not blue but blue-bred blacks. It shows up well out in the sun. If you were to take one of these and cross it with a nice splash, you might get some really nice quality laced Sumatras. The better splashes show lacing on their feathers as well... I believe you guys are calling it a platinum bird... unless it is carrying red in its genes to make the splashes and lacing a brownish color.

Quote:

This is a blue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom