Sumatra Thread!

Love my Sumatras! I got a trio of them to "get back into chickens"... 17 chickens later... now one of my hens has hatched out EIGHT purebred Sumatra babies :) She is a great momma so far!

At 4 months they wouldn't have much meat. If you do butcher, cooking them in soup or canning would be a better option.

gotcha buddy, my mommy makes a nice chicken soup
droolin.gif

out of 15 sumatras im keeping el bruto,my biggest male and 7 of the eight hens. I gave a pair of them away to a buddy who owns a pet shop, 1 male 1 female. 1 have 6 males ,4 of them need to go. 2 of them are solid black and keepers.some of the female have white wing tips but im keeping all seven of them for eggs . when el bruto is grown he and the hens will go in with my 9 other hens

El Bruto is awsome

biggest of all of them since I got them. he and another smaller rooster are solid black no blemishes, and they will be with the seven hens that i am keeping. el bruto's feathers are also developing the fastest

Hi... I'm new to chicken keeping
1f601.png
anyways I have two Sumatra's 14 weeks old. They are both very sweet but one is a bit sassy. I'm so worried she will end up being a rooster... How can you tell with Sumatra's if it is a Roo? They both basically have nonexistent combs. They are both about the same size. I don't have a good pic right now but they are the two on the right

Also if anyone can identify the breed of the Roo on the left, i'd really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom