Summer Project

Our hens are heritage bronze. We are lookin for a tom for them. Missed him at the auction where we got the girls. The poults are two of the same and four white broad breasted. Hubby and i were good with the chicken maths but mama HAD get him the top hats. I think it was as much for him as her... she named them.. hahahha. She has her own home on the property and visits daily. At first she was anti all of the changes and grumpy bout it all... now... she stops by the hens and talks to them and steals butt nuggets, brings treats to the pullets and sits in their tractor and lets them jump all over her, has a composte bucket she brings down, pecks through my garden to see what prizes are waitin for her and the pullets... i have YET to get a cuke. We are winnin this war! Lol! She still won't eat any of the meat birds.. so i just cook her frozen boobees i keep just for that. I hope one day she will come round but if not that is ok too. It will be interestin when we are ready for goats and cows to see how she does. Years ago my dad had cows and hogs here but it has been a long time. She says she won't eat cow we raise either.. but i will keep her portions in the freezer like i do chicken.

The coop is ALMOST done. Started fencin yesterday. :) paul does nothin small and easy... a person could live in this thing. :bow:th:lau. Brother has put in his request for anemneties. Hahahaha. Heat and air and wrap round porch. Hahahaa. I told him get a pot bellied stove, it has plenty of ventilation and build his own silly porch.

Attachments

• IMG_3400.JPG
    IMG_3400.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 7
I have regular turkeys I am raising just for yard birds but the BBW's go into freezer camp. Here are two babies I hatched, first time and they are so cute, yes I scaled the tub after. :D

Attachments

• P1040097.JPG
    P1040097.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P1040098.JPG
    P1040098.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1040099.JPG
    P1040099.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 6
ok as if I don't have enough projects, this lovely elderly lady I clean her house just lost her husband(married 68 years) anyway she is slowly cleaning out his clothes and what family can't wear I take to the family center I work at for donations. She put in a bunch of his ties for me to take to my husband and what he didn't want take to the center, well you know where I'm going with this, I'm gonna make a tie quilt for her. So who has made a tie quilt? Oh I just had another idea, the center I know is open like a Dresden I can get a pic of them and print it I have the pint fabric already, oh wow that would be so neat. Thoughts? Or would you just use a pic of him in the center? or leave it out?

ok as if I don't have enough projects, this lovely elderly lady I clean her house just lost her husband(married 68 years) anyway she is slowly cleaning out his clothes and what family can't wear I take to the family center I work at for donations. She put in a bunch of his ties for me to take to my husband and what he didn't want take to the center, well you know where I'm going with this, I'm gonna make a tie quilt for her. So who has made a tie quilt? Oh I just had another idea, the center I know is open like a Dresden I can get a pic of them and print it I have the pint fabric already, oh wow that would be so neat. Thoughts? Or would you just use a pic of him in the center? or leave it out?

I made a dresden plate usin ties. It wasn't bad at all really. A soft interfacin helps a LOT with them. I only did a 24x24 and framed it for my stepmother but i did enjoy the process.

I jave also seen pics of beautiful lap quilts made with only ties. Gah gorgeous!

I have regular turkeys I am raising just for yard birds but the BBW's go into freezer camp. Here are two babies I hatched, first time and they are so cute, yes I scaled the tub after. :D

My mission tomorrow is to get a kiddie pool for the hens to see if they will use it. The grumpy sistas usualy won't eat fruits or veggie i put in for them to try. Today they did eat watermelon.. so progress yay! And one of them let me practically bathe her with water today also. Yay! It was so funny. I started out with water in my hamd lettin it run under her wing and she opened it up for me. Then the next side i barely touched her wing and out she flopped it. Then the breast and belly and neck. Then feet in the bucket. We spent a good twenty minutes twice today with her lettin ME do it. It made me a happy turken maman. The other let me do a tinny bit under her wings but that was maybe a minute and she was done. But that is ok too. So i am hopin they will use a kiddie pool even if it only to step into to cool them a bit. It is hot and very humid here right now.

We have been having rain,rain and more rain, but I'm not complaining. It's the afternoon showers that can be nasty but so far just lots of rain. So can you walk me through the tie process to make the dresden? I think I like that idea best.

My mission tomorrow is to get a kiddie pool for the hens to see if they will use it. The grumpy sistas usualy won't eat fruits or veggie i put in for them to try. Today they did eat watermelon.. so progress yay! And one of them let me practically bathe her with water today also. Yay! It was so funny. I started out with water in my hamd lettin it run under her wing and she opened it up for me. Then the next side i barely touched her wing and out she flopped it. Then the breast and belly and neck. Then feet in the bucket. We spent a good twenty minutes twice today with her lettin ME do it. It made me a happy turken maman. The other let me do a tinny bit under her wings but that was maybe a minute and she was done. But that is ok too. So i am hopin they will use a kiddie pool even if it only to step into to cool them a bit. It is hot and very humid here right now.
I have frozen old gallon milk jugs of water for my hens, set them in the shade, soon there will be a few girls gathered round the cool spots. We have been in the triple digits already this year supposed to be again this week. UGH..

Back
Top Bottom