Summer reading ideas or maybe a BYC book club.

Sooner Magnolia

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 13, 2014
Central Oklahoma
Hey everybody. I usually only have time to read in the summer time (HS teacher). I love to listen to audiobooks borrowed on the public library app while I work in the garden, fold laundry, tend chickens, etc. I have also been known to name a chicken or two after a character now and then. Like Olive (Kitteredge).

I thought it might be nice to start a thread where we could exchange reading suggestions or maybe branch off and start a book club. I'm about to start "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" but will need a suggestion after that unless I fall for the series.

@JacinLarkwell have you read "The Darwin Affair?" It was a little predictable for me at times but very interesting and entertaining. Fictionalized story with historical characters like Darwin, Sherlock Holmes, Jack the Ripper, etc. Appealed to my history of science and anatomy background.

@JacinLarkwell have you read "The Darwin Affair?" It was a little predictable for me at times but very interesting and entertaining. Fictionalized story with historical characters like Darwin, Sherlock Holmes, Jack the Ripper, etc. Appealed to my history of science and anatomy background.
No. Not a fan of Sherlock honestly. I'll check it though real quick

No. I did start the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. A few teachers did a young adult book club. I really enjoyed the first couple of books. Should probably finish that one.....

Back
Top Bottom