Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter

Good luck Carrie!!! You and the tractor driving hubby are sure to be a hit!!
clap.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif

Thanks Deb, looks like with all the tornadoes out there we just might be rained out for both Laura Ingalls Wilder Days here in Mansfield and Apple Festival in Seymour. I will still get my apples though LOL

My wonderful dh surprised me with the Ball Blue Book and a canning pot with rack today!! Oh, plus some pint sized jars for the apple butter/sauce.
wee.gif
I can't wait to get my apples and try Deb's recipe and then start on other's recipes. yum.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Congrats
clap.gif
& Good Luck on your new Canning Adventure!
smile.png
I too canned for the 1st time ever this year (making the Crockpot Apple Butter). I have the Ball Blue Book (1990 edition) & refer to it REAL often. What a good Hubby....Alot of us are Blessed with Good Hubbys.
smile.png
Canning is Soooo addicting.
wink.png

I did make the Colby bread for supper but made two braided loaves instead of one. I also made the crockpot apple butter and processed all but one jar...we ate it for supper! Plus dh had the chili, not me...four yes, I said 4 slices of bread with the apple butter on it. Yum
tongue2.gif

We have a grand apple tree in our yard but this year it only produced 4 apples because of a early spring storm that we had.
sad.png

Today I asked the lady down the street if we could have some apples from her trees, she said to go ahead and take all that we want she was going to throw them in the trash. She said that the birds were driving her nuts and making such a mess with the apples.
roll.png
My apple butter is cooking right now smells fantastic! Now I have to figure out what Im going to do with the 40Ibs of apples I have left.
smile.png

Lucky you Nu!!!!! Apples are not cheap in the grocery store, you should gather all you can and make enough apple butter for Christmas gifts and for a long winter!!!

Carrie, it's one of my favorites too...sunday morning breakfasts sure go great with toast and apple butter!!!

Quote:
You can can apple pie filling & have apple cobbler, apple crisp & dutch apple pies whenever you want.
smile.png
& don't forget apple ring slices
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom