Supposed to be rainbow layers. What breed are they?

B-Goock

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 8, 2013
Somerset, Kentucky

A couple are lighter and look to be buff orpintons or maybe buff rocks but the darker ones look like a sagitta.

Bought them at Orschelns farm store and the sign said "rainbow layers".
Beaks are yellowish, legs are light yellow, single combs.
The lighter one's are calm and will run right under your hand to be rub/pet and the darker one's are jumpy and more aggressive.

I can get more pics up of each one to help unless someone knows for sure. At work right now so maybe load some tomorrow.

Ok pretty sure the light colored one's are orps. Legs have a white tone to them.

Another thought on the darker one's are maybe red stars?

Just been searching for pics of young chickens to compare mine to.
I did try to take pics of them after I got home the other day but it was too late and none really looked very good. All too dark then when I turned the light on it just was too bright. I'll try to take a few pics this morning when I get home from work.

I see a buff Orpington, a red sexlink (with the white backside), a production red (hybrid blend of red birds), and half of either another production red or a sexlink depending on her back half. All brown eggs from this lot but lots of them!

Last edited:
Ok thank you nice to hear I was on the right track of picture IDing them.

A couple more pics I grabbed before I came to work today. Almost all feathered out. The buff orps are camera hogs. lol

Back
Top Bottom