Surviving Minnesota!

First off, the penciling on that bird is wretched, you need to box her up and send her to me for safekeeping... second, is it bubbles? Like from a respiratory infection? That's what's going on with my AM male. I had hoped he'd be over it by now. :hmm

No it doesn't look like bubbles at all. It just looks like a white film or eye membrane stuff.

Maybe her second eyelid is inflamed? or stuck to her eye?

So very sorry for everyones losses :hugs Terrible year for losses.

[QUOTE="I Love Layers, post: 19363779, member: 347067"
Since the dog doesn't use her dog house the cats have taken a liking to it
[/QUOTE]

It may be that the cats wanted the dog house and kicked her out. I would build them their own... My dog will not go near the cat, the cat is in charge, :gig

Last edited:
Death count this week is up to two, both cockerels. Hopefully the cold breaks soon.

I’m sorry Banty and for the eye problem Erli. You tried thawing or a little bauch and lombe lubricating drop or something?

At 2 pm we hit 1 degree above zero. I opened the pop door and junior came out with the hens. They were relishing it so much they didn’t want to go back in. And it was getting dark. New little fox seems to be still casing the coop. New fresher print today. I’m sure the mini mouse population I have does not help to detract him.

When junior got in the run he crowed. ( a good sign) his wattles are moving along and am sure the coconut oil is helping to repel water and keep the sensitive skin soothed. I like it Erli.

Interesting to here you ladies talk about roosters tucking heads. This year I noted Sean Connery tuck his head (#2 rooster) first I’d ever seen that. Junior never has that I’ve seen. I’m sure it is being alert reasoning for sure.

Sunny Two is still making her way into the pecking order with Sean gone she is lowest. But with her egg laying genetics about to blossom she’ll soon be roosting next to the big kahuna. I have no doubt she’ll be a favorite.

Anybody got any bloody eggs yet? I remember my first year seeing bloody yolks after cold snaps. Roger also had fertility issues too. Too cold. He regained the next spring but that winter was definitely a strain on egg fertility. There was still ice on the lakes opening fishing that spring.

Back
Top Bottom