Surviving Minnesota!

Why are you saving up cash?  You buying your Grandpa out now?  You going to let him rent his house or are you evicting him?

Fast calving is better than long and drawn out, IMHO.

I don't plan on buying him out for many many years ;) I want to farm with him as long as I can. My grandpa is like my best friend so the longer I can do this farm stuff with him the better!

We want to be done calving by the end of April. Maybe by the last week? Which ho early it only looks like one cow will make it that long.

So if my chick sexing skills are right I have 2 male and 5 female Doms in this hatching. I went by head spot and leg coloring. 2 definite males and 4 positive females one is iffy but I am leaning female. Perfect hatch I think! Better than straight run at most hatcheries!

If you need to cut back on chicken feed to save up some $$ ---- I could take a few hennies off your hands :D   ;)

What about an extra rooster? :lol: Actually the only hens I planned on getting rid of were my Welsummers. They are getting up in age and MIGHT lay 3 eggs a week. And actually O think only two of them are laying. Pee Wee and another without a name.

Careful! You might come home from school one day and I'll be hanging out with your Grandpa drinking beers on the porch! I'm excited to see what your Bucks produce! I think you'll have great success with them.

I hope not lol! My grandpa hasn't drank in 30+ years. :)

Ed we rolled it out a few times and decided it's just easier to it this way. We can spread it out more and it stays nice and fluffy

Morning, by the map it looks like Jerry is in some thunderstorms. Looks like we are catching a few sprinkles from the edge of his storm as well right now. Clearing up as I speak.
Have to run Dad home from the Mpls VA today . He has to go there for his heart and CRT-D checkup, otherwise he goes to st. Cloud. My sister is picking him up and bringing him, I'll take him home. From my work in Ardent Hills, to the VA, then out to Cokato where he lives, then back to the banana belt. Lots of driving, but good talking with Dad if his hearing aids are charged. (Cross your fingers). We'll see if he wants to do lunch as well. Have a great day everyone!

Morning . Locals say we got .8 of rain . It was enough the worms crawled onto the concrete looking for a dry spot .
lau.gif
True story .

Back
Top Bottom