Sussex Thread! Post pics of your sussex!

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Hey everyone! Show off your sussex! any kind of sussex will do!

89747_img_09091.jpg

89747_img_09221.jpg

89747_img_09231.jpg

89747_img_07881.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are just 3 months old. I have a pullet and a cockerel, though I had another cockerel which I just sold on Sunday. Here's some pictures, though.
smile.png

They are from Gabbard Farms eggs, in case anyone was interested in what those birds look like, keeping in mind their age.
80987_img_8739.jpg

80987_img_8712.jpg

80987_img_8643.jpg

When they were a bit younger:
80987_img_7858.jpg
80987_img_7341.jpg
80987_img_7536.jpg
80987_img_6662.jpg

I absolutely love them. They are the sweetest, friendliest birds, and they are getting big!

Fresh from the bator(Lost one at six weeks very sad it was a pullet).
50554_img_1652.jpg

11 weeks later This is Imp, he is the most goofy thing every.
50554_img_2361.jpg

And this is from hatch #2 Hope it's a pullet, 5 weeks old.
50554_img_2405.jpg

Track Star with her first hatchling (a Delaware cross):
58552_sussexwithchick.jpg

Our two Speckled Sussex hens are the sweetest, cutest birds in the flock. Not great layers, and the cockerels weren't that great at meat either (and boy was it tough to kill those beautiful birds), but for personality these are hard to beat! Track Star is so named from her habit of racing around the yard when we pulled her off the nest while broody; the other one is called "Trip Hazard" - and I bet you know why!
lol.png

Quote:
Nope, that was the pullet. They were just 5 weeks old then, but the boys had a bit larger and redder of combs. Let me see if I can find a picture...
Okay. This was the same day. Pullet on the left, cockerel on the right, back of other cockerel in background between them (but you can see his comb a bit).
80987_img_7301.jpg

Quote:
I am dying for my SS pullet to go broody next year. I think she's the only one with any chance (but maybe one of the Silver Ameraucanas? Not sure.)
What are the chances? How many of you have had broody SSs?

Amazon went broody her first year, but we did not let her set. At two, she just hatched all 5 eggs we allowed her. She allows us to manipulate her a bit and lets us see the chicks, but is fairly protective and attentive. Good Luck!

Quote:
Nope, that was the pullet. They were just 5 weeks old then, but the boys had a bit larger and redder of combs. Let me see if I can find a picture...
Okay. This was the same day. Pullet on the left, cockerel on the right, back of other cockerel in background between them (but you can see his comb a bit).
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/80987_img_7301.jpg

Quote:
I am dying for my SS pullet to go broody next year. I think she's the only one with any chance (but maybe one of the Silver Ameraucanas? Not sure.)
What are the chances? How many of you have had broody SSs?

Thanks a bunch. I have one that looks exactly like that one and was thinking she might be a he. But, I am hoping that she is a she. I took some pics today now I just have to get them on here so I can post.

Back
Top Bottom