Swedish eggs pipping, need to up humiduty, will it hurt muscovy eggs?

I'm always hatching eggs with different hatch dates and it never hurts the orther eggs so they will be fine
smile.png

Good Luck
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Actually, muscovy eggs hatch nearly a week later than other duck eggs, so there may be an issue with high humidity...though a duck sitting on her eggs doesn't raised the humidity, so maybe not.

Quote:
Actually, muscovy eggs hatch nearly a week later than other duck eggs, so there may be an issue with high humidity...though a duck sitting on her eggs doesn't raised the humidity, so maybe not.

i too raise ducks and am perfectly aware that muscovy eggs hatch a week later. i thought he meant that they are on the same day development wise because i was speed reading, in that case my avise would be to raise the humidity for the hatching eggs and dont worry about the muscovy eggs, if theye like my chickens, they will be fine!

Thankyou everyone for your help!! I raised the humidity and so far I now have 4 out of 5 of my Swedish duck eggs pipped
jumpy.gif
I'm so excited!! It's going to be so hard to wait another week for my muscovy's to hatch
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom