Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Here are my flowers. they have gotten big and their combs have turned red. I should be getting eggs soon:) still waiting patiently

46635_dscn3624.jpg

46635_dscn3623.jpg

46635_dscn3618.jpg

46635_dscn3614.jpg

46635_dscn3597.jpg

46635_dscn3596.jpg

46635_dscn3595.jpg

Last edited:
Greenfire is selling them for the same price now. In fact, I am expecting 6 SFH from them tomorrow in the mail.
fl.gif

Is anyone having trouble with their roosters being aggressive with children? Both of my roosters have been chasing my little girl (age 3). I am sure I will get another rooster out of my new shipment of chicks but had thought they where a less aggressive breed in general. I might have to re-home the two I have now. If anyone near TN. interested PM me.

The lady I got my two hatching eggs from said that her pullet is sweet as pie and the cockerel is fairly evil. She said it's a good thing he's so pretty. I'm almost positive both the chicks from those two eggs are pullets. They are 11 weeks now and one of them thinks she's a puppy.
She's absolutely my favorite chicken ever. The other is calm also but not so happy to stand and be petted or picked up. The 9 I got from Greenfire are 6 weeks now and 6 of them look like they are cockerels. Ouch. I do have a really nice variety to choose from, though. I got all colors and some crests, too!

I just ordered six SFH from Greenfire, too. I believe they should arrive next week. Very excited! Fingers are crossed for at least 3 hens. Hoping they will fare well in this desert climate (Southern NM).

Back
Top Bottom