Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Quote:
I have one that doesn't attack us or the kids but is always going after the orps who are twice his size
hmm.png
. My other one is real sweet but he was held all the time. We had a few we culled, not friendly = gone ....

Quote:
All mine seem friendly however my roo is not the dominant one in the coop so that might change when I separate them from the juvenile coop. where are you located in TN? What color is your rooster? I might be interested in him. does he have a crest?

Hello, The babies came this morning! They shipped on Tuesday and arrived at 6am this morning. All are alive and doing great! There are even extras. I counted 7 different color variations. I am so excited to watch them grow!
90094_sfh-copy.jpg

I am going to try to track them as they grow. Has anyone found gender/color links or an easy way to determine the gender?

Daisyjack, I sent you a PM about the other Roosters. By the way, you have a really nice web page for you chickens, very user friendly.

Awesome pictures! I hope mine will be coming soon- I ordered six.

For what it is worth, when I hatched my Black Copper Marans I noticed after the first week or so that the ones that ended up being females had more pronounced tail feathers, while the males just had fluff back there for the longest time.

I got that advice on how to tell gender from the lady at Mesilla Valley Feed, where I get all my chicken feed and related products. It did prove true with the Marans.

Quote:
Mine shipped a week early, but I ordered them about a month ago. You will have to post photos here for all of us to see. I will definitely watch how they feather out for gender clues. I know my first pair I got, the female grew a lot slower than the male. She is still smaller.

I ordered mine the other day. The website was saying next week for shipping, but they must have run out as I'm going to have to wait until the end of october!

To Crunchynut:

sad.png
Wow, I guess I probably won't get my chicks until late October, either. I will certainly post pics when I get them.

How do you know you are getting chicks in late October? Did you email Greenfire?

Back
Top Bottom