taboo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basia

Songster
12 Years
Dec 2, 2007
NE Ohio
why when I received a PM from a fellow member mentioning another forum... did BYC CHANGE the name of the other forum to BYC?
Why would it be censored out? Many people here belong to and or read other forums.
I think if I put the name here it would be automatically changed...
I am going to test now...
chickencrossing.org

YEP it changed!!!

WHY would BYC censor this?
many BYC people are there.

will I get a reasonable answer or will the mods delete it and ban me too?
amazed and disappointed. I really like the members here.

Does anyone have an answer?
there are over 90 of us here... someone should know what is going on.

I think both can co-exist.

Like two grocery stores on the same block - if I can't get something at one - I will go to the other.

I do think there are some hurt feelings or some people thinking everyone will run one way or the other, but human nature is not really like that.

If there are TWO grocery stores - I will check out both, get the cheapest prices or the best service or what ever. The internet is a HUGE HUGE place - and there is plenty of space for everyone.

I hope so. It is disheartening.
I understand censoring "bad" words but this forum is about education and sharing... that information should be accepted or rejected by choice not dictated by moderators. The other forum is made up of less than 100 people who are like us. Not some crazed pervs or hate mongers. Actually many of them ARE US.

Like two grocery stores on the same block - if I can't get something at one - I will go to the other.

exactly!
smile.png

We should be sharing... linking to good information where ever it may be... that doesn't mean abandoning anything.

PLEASE... WHOEVER has the power... STOP changing it to backyardchickens.com! There is good information there too that we can all benefit from!​

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying Basia - totally. I don't think its the moderators, I'm not sure why it is censored.
I think the moderators already KNOW that I am a member on the other forum.

It would be nice if both forums were just THERE with no hurt or worry from one or the other that the other would STEAL members or ?

Once it settles, and I do believe it will - things will be smoother.
I generally try NOT to mention the other forum here - because I know it causes "issues" it doesn't seem to be a problem on the other forum.

We just have to remember WHICH one we're on.
gig.gif
That goes for the other words we can say there and not here as well.

I am on the site right now. it dont look to bad. maybe both sites will co-exist. there is one fish forum that co-exist with my fish forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom