Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Caffeine has no effect on me either, so I decided there was no need to have it. I haven't missed it at all - gave it up about 15 years ago.

I have to say I like caffeinated. Caffeine doesn't have an effect on me, so I can drink as much as I want.
1f600.png

I prefer caffeine too. I use it for adrenal support.
thumbsup.gif

Caffeine has no effect on me either, so I decided there was no need to have it. I haven't missed it at all - gave it up about 15 years ago.

That makes sense too. I've given it up about two - three times a year for the past 15 years, but I always keep coming back to it. I think I'm giving up on giving it up.
caf.gif

Quote:
My mother can't stand caffeine - it gives her a headache (only caffeine free tea and soda for her). If you go without it long enough, I guess you can get used to anything. I probably need to cut sugar out of my diet but it hard to do when I love sweet stuff so much. I just now tried to make watermelon jelly but I'm not seeing it gel up so I may have watermelon syrup. I bet that will make a delicious sweet tea additive instead of topping for my toast. Disappointed that my plan didn't work out but I'll try to find the silver lining. I need to get the rinds out to the chickens...they love it so much.

CG

My mother can't stand caffeine - it gives her a headache (only caffeine free tea and soda for her). If you go without it long enough, I guess you can get used to anything. I probably need to cut sugar out of my diet but it hard to do when I love sweet stuff so much. I just now tried to make watermelon jelly but I'm not seeing it gel up so I may have watermelon syrup. I bet that will make a delicious sweet tea additive instead of topping for my toast. Disappointed that my plan didn't work out but I'll try to find the silver lining. I need to get the rinds out to the chickens...they love it so much.

CG

Yeah, it hasn't taken me the two weeks that most ppl say it does to go through caffeine withdrawal, but it's unpleasant anyway.
Sugar is bad for you. I like sweet stuff too. I've found that fruit stuff (like spreadable fruit instead of jellies) help. Also, I buy peanut butter that's nothing but crushed peanuts and salt (and usually peanut oil) dip a nice, tart granny smith apple in that...mmmmmm. Also, I like to slice a banana long-ways and spread peanut butter on it and make that a "sandwich" (w/o the bread)...Yyyyuuuummmmm!
If you try watermelon jelly again, see about using gelatin. I stink at making jelly, but I can make stuff that acts like jelly if I use gelatin instead of pectin.
Hope it works out in your tea, if it doesn't work out on your toast. =)

Quote:
I made a batch of strawberry jelly last year and used liquid Sure-Gel pectin. It didn't gel up either. I used liquid pectin with this watermelon too. I think I don't do well with the liquid stuff. I had better luck with the powdered pectin. That's not a bad idea to use jell-o or knox gelatin. I can even get watermelon flavor jell-o. I'd have to unseal all my jars (four 8oz & three 4oz). ;(

If you are giving up sugar you probably wont like my recipe but your banana "sandwich" reminded me of this that my mom used to make:

Banana Split (usually fix just half recipe)
2 eggs beaten, 1 c. sugar, 1 TBS vinegar Cook until thickT
Add 6 TBS cream, 1 TBS peanut butter
Spread on Banana
Sprinkle with peanuts if desired

CG

Hi all!

I've made peach jam before. Didn't turn out too bad, but could've been better. It's hard to give up on sugar, but I've noticed that if I resist the temptation of eating sugary stuff for more that 3 days, I stop craving it. The problem is that after a while, I start eating a little bit here, a little bit there and soon I'm hooked again.

Mixing carbs with protein usually helps curb the cravings. If I eat an egg before diving into bread, crackers, etc (w/ jelly:), I eat less of it. Am I making any sense here? I need to go to bed
big_smile.png

Good night! It was nice to stop by and "see" everybody posting.
hugs.gif

I am the same way. And I use eggs to break the cycle as well.
I am a big fruit, nut, and cheese eater.
If it were up to me There would be not breads, rice, potatoes, or flours in the house.
My husband could eat a loaf of bread a day.
He does not like sweets, but he loves his carbs.

I start out with a little jam and bread, and before I know it I am into the pound cake and brownies.
sad.png

I made a batch of strawberry jelly last year and used liquid Sure-Gel pectin. It didn't gel up either. I used liquid pectin with this watermelon too. I think I don't do well with the liquid stuff. I had better luck with the powdered pectin. That's not a bad idea to use jell-o or knox gelatin. I can even get watermelon flavor jell-o. I'd have to unseal all my jars (four 8oz & three 4oz). ;(

If you are giving up sugar you probably wont like my recipe but your banana "sandwich" reminded me of this that my mom used to make:

Banana Split (usually fix just half recipe)
2 eggs beaten, 1 c. sugar, 1 TBS vinegar Cook until thickT
Add 6 TBS cream, 1 TBS peanut butter
Spread on Banana
Sprinkle with peanuts if desired

CG

Yeah, I tried once to make jelly w/ pectin. I found out that doing that is super scientific; it requires the right combination of pectin, acid, and sugar, or it won't work right. Then I started having kids, so making jelly got put on the back burner.
That sandwich sounds good!
I used to make a "smoothie" that was super yummy, but I used soy milk and I avoid soy now. But here's what I used to do; maybe you'll like it.

Put all this stuff in the blender:
One banana, broken into pieces
a big spoonful of peanut butter
fill up to the 8 oz line w/ vanilla soy milk

I've tried this w/ sweetened cow's milk and vanilla extract; I've tried it w/ chocolate soy milk. I've tried every way I can think of to substitute for the soy milk, but nothing comes close.
Such is life. But it's a super yummy shake.

Hi all!

I've made peach jam before. Didn't turn out too bad, but could've been better. It's hard to give up on sugar, but I've noticed that if I resist the temptation of eating sugary stuff for more that 3 days, I stop craving it. The problem is that after a while, I start eating a little bit here, a little bit there and soon I'm hooked again.

Mixing carbs with protein usually helps curb the cravings. If I eat an egg before diving into bread, crackers, etc (w/ jelly:), I eat less of it. Am I making any sense here? I need to go to bed
big_smile.png

Good night! It was nice to stop by and "see" everybody posting.
hugs.gif

Yeah, the better I do at resisting, the easier resisting gets. I'm being stupid this time and trying to slow down on it.
roll.png
But I'm doing a good job of that, so I'll take it. lol
I do know what you mean about eating protein helping w/ sugar cravings. When I start really wanting something to eat and I know I'm going to go for something sweet soon, I scramble an egg and sometimes I put strips of spinach in it; that's yummy too. Oh, my favorite way to have an egg is to put a few Tbsp of salsa in the pan and let that cook down while the egg is cooking, and then put just a little sharp cheddar cheese in the egg when it's about half cooked. Then I pour all that on my plate such that the salsa is kind of poured over the egg.
droolin.gif
Too bad we don't have any salsa right now. lol

So glad to "see" you stop by!!!
hugs.gif

I am the same way. And I use eggs to break the cycle as well.
I am a big fruit, nut, and cheese eater.
If it were up to me There would be not breads, rice, potatoes, or flours in the house.
My husband could eat a loaf of bread a day.
He does not like sweets, but he loves his carbs.

I start out with a little jam and bread, and before I know it I am into the pound cake and brownies.
sad.png

I eat a lot of fruit and nuts. Personally, I try to stay way from the cheese (but I make sure I get my fair share). Yum!
I could eat a loaf of bread, a pint of ice cream, a block of cheese, several eggs (all different ways), and a little fruit every day and I would be one happy chick!!!
My DH isn't into sweets either, only dessert, but boy oh boy, does he like his dessert!

I feel ya! I'm the same way. I like my sweets; good thing there's so many of us, desserts don't last long in this house and we try to stick to making one a week.

Back
Top Bottom