Tell us about your screen name/or ?

lazy gardener

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Nov 7, 2012
CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
Ever look at people's screen names, and wonder about the background behind those names? Or wonder just who that person is, anyway? This is a thread to share that info. I encourage posters to share details about their chosen screen name, perhaps the story behind it. (if they choose). Can also share details about your flock, yard set up, gardening, passions, or what ever else makes you the person you are. This is not a place for autobiographies! Please keep responses to 100 words or less, and have fun!!!

My screen name is in reference to my passion for gardening, and where ever possible, doing it the easy way. Mulch, and lots of it... Garlic is treated as a perennial. Weeds are considered to be a green manure crop. Save open pollinated seeds. Never grow bush beans: don't like to bend over to pick! Chickens to help with weed and pest control, and to provide fertilizer.

My husband is Don, and I'm Rachel. So, donrae was kind of a no-brainer for us. Used to be our custom license plate, first on a emerald green Dodge truck, then on The Wonder Corolla. Sometimes I wish I'd come up with something more creative, but it's who I am, now.

Back in the 70s we had a CB radio and my "handle" was Calico Blue, because of quilting and then in the 90's I hosted a quilting chat room on AOL with CalicoBlue as my screen name. Most folks call me Blue, or Blooie, and have for years, so it was an easy choice for BYC too.

How come two sentences is harder than two paragraphs?

Back in the 70s we had a CB radio and my "handle" was Calico Blue, because of quilting and then in the 90's I hosted a quilting chat room on AOL with CalicoBlue as my screen name. Most folks call me Blue, or Blooie, and have for years, so it was an easy choice for BYC too.

How come two sentences is harder than two paragraphs?

I remember Stephan King calling it diarrhea of the word processor....he has a hard time paring things down, too. You're in good company!

I remember Stephan King calling it diarrhea of the word processor....he has a hard time paring things down, too. You're in good company!
I had Stephen King in Freshman English for 6 weeks. This was obviously before his first book was published. The story goes that his wife pulled it out of the trash and sent it to a publisher. I thought he was creepy back then. I still think he's creepy!

My screen name describes best who I am. I am Redeemed by Christ Jesus for all eternity. That is my Identity and my Life which comes from Him! If you do not know Him He is the Perfect Son of God and God Himself! I have no Idenity out side of this and am hated by the World because of this as it Hates Him.

I stand with and for His use before all things.

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which He has prepared in advance for us to do! Welcome!!! Nice to meet you!!! There are many Brothers and Sisters on this forum!!!

My 8 year old is named Katie, and we call her Katieboo, so I am Katieboosmama. She is a lonely only, and I had her late in life, so am like the proverbial "hen with one chick" pun entirely intended. I have just recently gotten my first flock of 8 pullets that are now "ladies in waiting" for hubby to build a coop! Weather put a hitch in his getalong. They are quite happy in our extra large dog crate at the moment as they are still quite small, but won't last long there. They are Rosie (RIR) Buttercup (BO) Cinnamon (golden comet) Esther the easter egger, Rainbow (EE) Skittles (EE) Dutchess (CCL) and Pansy (Barred Rock)

Madam Poofy Brown was my first ever hen. I got her after getting three straight run chicks and ending up with three roosters. Then I got nine more SR, and Madam (for insurance, lol) My biggest of the three little cockerels was name Monsieur Poofy Brow, a WCB Polish, and since the new hen was also a WCB POlish, and the planned hen for Monsieur to have, I naturally named her Madam Poofy Brow.
She is now five, doesn't lay but MAYBE once a weeks and there are now 137 others...but she's still the special first hen, and so I thought it made sense to name me after her :-D
Here's a pic of Madam, Monsieur is my avatar:

Back
Top Bottom