Tell us about your screen name/or ?

lazy gardener

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Nov 7, 2012
CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
Ever look at people's screen names, and wonder about the background behind those names? Or wonder just who that person is, anyway? This is a thread to share that info. I encourage posters to share details about their chosen screen name, perhaps the story behind it. (if they choose). Can also share details about your flock, yard set up, gardening, passions, or what ever else makes you the person you are. This is not a place for autobiographies! Please keep responses to 100 words or less, and have fun!!!

My screen name describes best who I am. I am Redeemed by Christ Jesus for all eternity. That is my Identity and my Life which comes from Him! If you do not know Him He is the Perfect Son of God and God Himself! I have no Idenity out side of this and am hated by the World because of this as it Hates Him.

I stand with and for His use before all things.

Back in the 70s we had a CB radio and my "handle" was Calico Blue, because of quilting and then in the 90's I hosted a quilting chat room on AOL with CalicoBlue as my screen name. Most folks call me Blue, or Blooie, and have for years, so it was an easy choice for BYC too.

How come two sentences is harder than two paragraphs?

"Krnaf"-(קרנף) in Hebrew is Rhinoceros, A- Krnaf, means "the rhinoceros". I have chosen this name, because I have M.Sc degree in Zoology, And my Research subject was the Broad lipped ("white") rhino. I have researched the Genetics and social structure of a herd of rhino in the Safari zoological center In Tel-aviv. I actually plucked hairs,(that I needed for the genetic research) from the rhinos hears tips! I have Videos( ye, ye I know that reviles how old I am!) that proof it! How many people you know that plucked hairs from rhinoceros hear?
My Avatar is acutely a fotoshop of myself looking like the godfather from movies that I like very much!

Benny

Last edited:
I picked "Room on the Broom" based on the childrens book & animated movie of the same name. In the story, a witch is flying around with her kitty & is constantly running into animals that ask, "Is there room on the broom for me?" The kitty is always shaking his head "No!" & the witch is always saying, "Yes!" & letting another random animal on the bulging broom. Every time my kids watch this movie I laugh to myself because it reminds me of our crazy, little house that's also got so many random animals (a lot of which we didn't adopt on purpose.) I picture my very kind & tolerant husband as the kitty shaking his head frantically, "No!" Then resigning himself with a sigh as another furry, feathered, or scaled 'something' happily joins our crew.

Back
Top Bottom