Texas

I mostly agree with Little Wing - EXCEPT the football thing. My husband and I have no children but we often go to the local high school games just to support our hometown kids. This year and last we have been going to my husband's nephews varsity games. The nephew is a Junior, 16, 6ft and 200+. He plays for Crockett High School which is where I graduated from...in 1980....when it was a "Kicker" school.

KICKER translation for Texas newbies: $h!+ Kicker....Ag People...FFA

Our town goes wild! We made the playoffs last year and we had people holding signs and standing on the bus route out of town for the guys. It was very awesome! I grew up in San Antonio and was very surprised about the HS pride of a small town. My husband grew up here and played football. So its not a new thing to him. I was amazed and very happy. It is a wonderful experience.

If only we were all so self confident! Though I must admit I might look worse after standing under a mister......I can just see my frizzy hair and runny makeup!
ep.gif

Here is our new 4x10 hoop coop. I cannot get the expandable foam off of my fingers! That's a problem when you wear contacts!!

All 18 chicks are all tucked in and safe. I'm a little worried about fireants, though.

I mostly agree with Little Wing - EXCEPT the football thing. My husband and I have no children but we often go to the local high school games just to support our hometown kids. This year and last we have been going to my husband's nephews varsity games. The nephew is a Junior, 16, 6ft and 200+. He plays for Crockett High School which is where I graduated from...in 1980....when it was a "Kicker" school.

KICKER translation for Texas newbies: $h!+ Kicker....Ag People...FFA

I knew the HS football comment would be picked on. In my opinion,
hide.gif
we send our kids to school to improve their brains. Concussions received in football do damage to their brains. MOST coaches don't care, they just want to win. If you are good enough you might get a paid scholarship to college. So you get educated but are more than likely brain injured and can't make the right decisions to use it. I know there are a lot of people that played football and don't notice anything wrong, but think what they would have been without their brains getting shaken like a marble in a can. Your brain wasn't designed for that.
Sports and the camaraderie that goes along with them is a positive thing. It is football that the brain injuries are occurring in. Many pro players are coming out and saying that something has to be done to protect the kids.

If winning and being #1 is worth a brain injury to your child then let them play. But to me this isn't gun control, politics, religion or snake killin...it is our kids brains! The injuries don't go away after the game is won! JMO

LOL - Know the feeling. I almost always wear ratty work clothes when I'm home and I hate it when people show up unexpectedly.

Back
Top Bottom