Texas

Guys I am getting ready to build a brooder and a chicken house from scratch. If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way. My first coop is too small for here in the country and is going to a new home with my grandkids so they can have eggs in town. I am going to build an 8X10 to fit a 10X10 welded wire dog kennel I have. The brooder will sit on the porch of our barn and be outside. Thanks, Ed

Guys I am getting ready to build a brooder and a chicken house from scratch.  If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way.  My first coop is too small for here in the country and is going to a new home with my grandkids so they can have eggs in town.   I am going to build an 8X10 to fit a 10X10 welded wire dog kennel I have.  The brooder will sit on the porch of our barn and be outside.  Thanks, Ed

Ed, did you make it out to the country? I'm your old neighbor, finally got my chickens!

Yes we did. We built on 34 acres and have been able to lease 133 acres around us and are running a herd of all natural meat sheep. I only have six hens right now but will be building a new 8x10 chicken house and hope to raise guineas and all natural broilers in the near future. I also want to establish a wild flock that can come to the big electric feeders and get a handout, so I am looking for some brown leghorns, standard old English and some games to release here at the place. Take a look at my blogs in my signature and you can see a little about what we are doing out here west of Lampasas. We are re-doing the Round Rock house to rent or sale so if you know someone that might be interested send them my way. Ed

Yes we did. We built on 34 acres and have been able to lease 133 acres around us and are running a herd of all natural meat sheep. I only have six hens right now but will be building a new 8x10 chicken house and hope to raise guineas and all natural broilers in the near future. I also want to establish a wild flock that can come to the big electric feeders and get a handout, so I am looking for some brown leghorns, standard old English and some games to release here at the place. Take a look at my blogs in my signature and you can see a little about what we are doing out here west of Lampasas. We are re-doing the Round Rock house to rent or sale so if you know someone that might be interested send them my way. Ed

How many bedrooms is the house in Round Rock? Is it in town/country?

Well, we got our first egg... shell... this morning. Our recently-arrived 3-year-old laid it, but I don't know who ate it. I checked on them last night, but I will check on them more frequently tonight to hopefully get any egg Anise lays before it gets eaten again.

Yes we did.  We built on 34 acres and have been able to lease 133 acres around us and are running a herd of all natural meat sheep.  I only have six hens right now but will be building a new 8x10 chicken house and hope to raise guineas and all natural broilers in the near future.  I also want to establish a wild flock that can come to the big electric feeders and get a handout, so I am looking for some brown leghorns, standard old English and some games to release here at the place.  Take a look at my blogs in my signature and you can see a little about what we are doing out here west of Lampasas.  We are re-doing the Round Rock house to rent or sale so if you know someone that might be interested send them my way.  Ed

My neighbor has game chickens, they are wild. His hens have raised a crap ton of chicks this year. I can ask if he has anywho need new homes. I am pretty sure he will want to find homes for the young cockerels as the daddy has killed 2 of last years cockerels and an adult RIR rooster that challenged him.

If your interested I have a pair of geese for sale. They were hand raised, the young white chinese gander is fairly tame right now, that may change as he matures. I am giving a choice between a female white chinese or female african as companion for the make. The females are very shy. They are hatchery birds, so the African is most likely a brown Chinese X African cross. They were raised with chicken and ducks as companions. Geese are excellent watch dogs, they make the most awful noises when something isnt right in their territory. There is no missing the sound of upset geese, lol. I mainly want to re-home the young gander, I have 2 ganders right now and don't want fighting come next breeding season. I also have some RIR pullets I can sale, they are young and haven't laid for me yet. The only reason I'd sell the pullets is hubby says I need to cut down my flock and the RIRs just don't appeal to me. I like the BRs, BAs, and BOs better. Lol.

My dozen buff pullets are finally here!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom