Texas

Yikes! I just went out to clean the duck pen and I noticed the 2 adult Pekins were gawking (yes gawking) at something on the ground. I decided to take a look, it was a 4 foot rat snake!!!!!! Needless to say he is gone, I wish I could figure out a way to contain them and take them elsewhere. They DO do a lot for us getting mice and such. I just don't want them eating my ducks! We found one in the duck pen last week that had one of the ducks by the tail! Fortunately, we got to it before it did any damage.

Texas....Gotta love it here!

M

Howdy howdy! New member here. I'm in Santa Fe tx, small town S of Houston. I used to have barred rocks and golden comets some 25 years and several chapters ago. I recently purchased a home on 1/2 acre, built a coop and now I have 8 youngsters :) chicken math is kicking in as I am trying to expand their run already, lol. Once things dry out that is. The yard is a bit of a sopping mess right now.

Howdy howdy! New member here. I'm in Santa Fe tx, small town S of Houston. I used to have barred rocks and golden comets some 25 years and several chapters ago. I recently purchased a home on 1/2 acre, built a coop and now I have 8 youngsters :) chicken math is kicking in as I am trying to expand their run already, lol. Once things dry out that is. The yard is a bit of a sopping mess right now.
welcome Kaylyn, send rain my way up here north of north Texas. Ha. Southeastern corner of the Texas panhandle. We always need rain. Grins

Whoa, I am behind on reading. It's been a rough week. My Mother-In-Law passed away.She was ready to leave her pain behind, but I miss her. Then I lost the last old girl from my very first 4 pullets. Blondie was a sweetheart.
On a brighter note I went to a birthing/dulla openhouse/training sessions with my daughter who is due in August. Learned a lot. We also went and registered for her shower. Some of the baby stuff out there now is goofy. So complicated.
smile.png
How did babies ever survive without all that stuff?
hugs.gif
Sorry for your losses. Congratulations on the expected grandbaby!

Howdy howdy! New member here. I'm in Santa Fe tx, small town S of Houston. I used to have barred rocks and golden comets some 25 years and several chapters ago. I recently purchased a home on 1/2 acre, built a coop and now I have 8 youngsters
smile.png
chicken math is kicking in as I am trying to expand their run already, lol. Once things dry out that is. The yard is a bit of a sopping mess right now.
welcome-byc.gif
We've had our fair share of rain here also. But, it won't be long and we'll be wishing for rain again, lol.

Howdy howdy! New member here. I'm in Santa Fe tx, small town S of Houston. I used to have barred rocks and golden comets some 25 years and several chapters ago. I recently purchased a home on 1/2 acre, built a coop and now I have 8 youngsters
smile.png
chicken math is kicking in as I am trying to expand their run already, lol. Once things dry out that is. The yard is a bit of a sopping mess right now.
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to have you. We used to live in Clear Lake so I know where Santa Fe, is. This is a great site! Enjoy!

Last night a trap was triggered and some of the bait was gone but no critter. Could that be a snake??

I have moved the Muscovies over to the night pen so all are locked up and safe from night predators
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom