Texas

You keep doing 'chicken math' you're going to have to expand. :lol:

I am at 44 not counting the new hatches, which isn't bad since most are babies or bantams..one point I was at over 100 because I was doing so much hatching. Out of the 44, about 14 are for sale or destined for freezer camp. I have 10 in the incubator but I'm going to resist "counting my chickens before they hatch".

I figure with 15 shipped eggs I'll hatch about 7, 4 of which will be boys, so that leaves me 3 girls to pick the best two from. The boys will go in the freezer.

I think I can manage to stay in the range of 40-50 if I can resist impulse buys and wanting to keep what my broodies hatch :fl

Hey y'all. So I'm thinking about starting to gather data to take to the Saginaw city council meetings and say, in an organized polite manner with lots of data, "hey, restricting us to 3 hens is ridiculous and not good for us or the birds". I got started on the idea because Watauga, a similar suburb city not far from here, just set up theirs, and their limit is 6. So I'm going to start trying to dig up data from various other cities and their laws.

So if I want to claim these cities are equivalent to Saginaw, I need to find out how to back that up. Does anybody know how to find typical lot sizes for a city? I can find population easily enough, but I'm having a hard time with lot sizes. Googling keeps just trying to give me real estate sales, and that's not what I want.

Hey y'all. So I'm thinking about starting to gather data to take to the Saginaw city council meetings and say, in an organized polite manner with lots of data, "hey, restricting us to 3 hens is ridiculous and not good for us or the birds". I got started on the idea because Watauga, a similar suburb city not far from here, just set up theirs, and their limit is 6. So I'm going to start trying to dig up data from various other cities and their laws.

So if I want to claim these cities are equivalent to Saginaw, I need to find out how to back that up. Does anybody know how to find typical lot sizes for a city? I can find population easily enough, but I'm having a hard time with lot sizes. Googling keeps just trying to give me real estate sales, and that's not what I want.
I would reach out to the county tax assessor office and see if they can help.

Today's specials.

Anyone need a few meat birds?
Screenshot_20190620-094045.png

It's gonna be stinkin' hot here today - we're under a heat advisory again - going to send the teen out with ice for a footbath for the chickens, before we have to head out for an appt. Snagging DH Miles' car, that cools down faster and has the fancy A/C to the back of your seat function. Everybody stay cool.

The bantam special is usually what gets me lol

Do you do meat birds? I was thinking rangers sound like a good choice
This time of year stresses the CX. I did late summer last year and wasn't as pleased as with the spring chicks. Will wait until after the August heat next time. Even the layers are panting. EE more than the Leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom