Texas

welcome-byc.gif
All! Y'all will be sure to find all the help (or encouragement for your chicken addiction
hide.gif
) here!

I live in San Antonio.
Awesome city I love it. Hoping to go to college in austin after graduation.

I have 1 female rhode island red
1 female barred rock
1 female bantam americuna
and 1 bantam leghorn roo

I've always had chickens as pet when i was little.
And I've never had a rooster. But now that I do, i'm hoping to hatch a few chicks!
jumpy.gif

Barely put some eggs in the bator about 2 days ago so we'll see.
pop.gif

Cool forum.

~lauren

whytedragon, you raise silkies??

I was thinking of selling my Large Cochins and moving into just raising silkies!
jumpy.gif

Maybe I can buy some chicks from you when you have some available?

I have a white pullet, buff pullet and blue partridge showgirl at the moment...maybe just a rooster so I can get started on my own backyard flock of silkies??

Just tossing up some ideas!
wink.png

I will be, once I get this incubation thing down pat, lol! Got 4 this batch due to a bad thermometer, but next batch should be better. I like to get ALOT of eggs at one time, so soon I should have more chicks.
I'm looking for atleast one white, if you have any, or know of any.

If all goes well, I should have more hatching next week.

What part of SA? I'm near the Airport...but relocation in a couple months to Floresville.

Last edited:
I am 1 hour east of Austin way out in the woods. The nearest town is Lexington, it has one light and one horse. Ok, it is more than a one horse town. It has a LOT more horses than that! In fact, people still ride their horses up to the only bar in town and tie them up outside and stroll on in for a cold beer. I have done it myself.

It takes a while to get to Lexington by horseback, even longer by donkeyback...don't ask me how I know!

I am happy to see so many central Texans on here! I am actually midway between Austin and Bryan (Gig'em!)

Back
Top Bottom