Texas

Quote:
Sounds like a town that I could get used to!

welcome-byc.gif

Silvergatefarms-
Welcome!! I'm close to you! I haven't been active on BYC for a bit, but I live in Lampasas, a hop, skip and jump from you. There are several hobby breeders in our area, a couple of them dabble on BYC when theyre not building new pens or cleaning up chicken dirt.

As far as solid Bev Davis lines in our area...noone that has them is making them known. Houston and DFW area have a couple breeders from that line.

Good luck in your search!
lol.png

I'm on small acreage just off Lake Conroe on an acre; plenty of room for chickens. Seems like I've always had chickens, dating back to California days. I'm looking for some pullets or adult hens
(have roosters). I would be happy to pay for them and pick up if they're not too far away. The local feed stores only sell chicks (too early now). One store does sell pullets, but they're rhode island-
plymouth mix and they don't seem to lay as well. At the moment I have that mix and araucanas (my friends love the green/blue eggs) and some bantams in a sepatate pen. I don't sell the eggs, just
eat them and give them to family and friends. Is anyone close to Montgomery County here in SE Texas?

We are located in the small town of Strawn. Almost exactly halfway in between Ft. Worth and Abilene. We raise turkeys, chickens, guineas, peafowl and Egyptian geese. We are currently looking for a breeder quality red bearded silkie rooster and two other breeder quality bearded silkie roosters of any color except white. If you have something for sale please PM me.
smile.png

allen wranch wrote:
I'll start this one.

I am in San Marcos, between Austin and San Antonio.

FYI
I have been keeping a spread sheet of Texas BYC members for several years. Right now it has 274 members on it. Of course some are no longer members or might have visited only a few times.

Texas, we are strong !

Wow !

We now have over 700 Texas BYC members. I am still keeping the spreadsheet, but have not updated MY PAGE in a while. Will let you know when I do.

Welcome everyone and thanks for making BYC the best poultry website in the world.​

Hey Everybody, We live on four acres is Aledo, Texas. My husband is from the UK and I am from New Hampshire. We have 31 Chickens all brown egg layers except 2 Delawares and on very gentle Austerlorp Roo named Big Daddy. Two Guineas, 1 Turkey names Artimus (looking for some girls for him) 3 miniature horses 6 goats one standard horse, 11 dogs, 9 cats and 14 birds. I love living in the country. Love Texas except for the HEAT. I own a Pet Sitting company and get to come and go and work from home along with my husband who is a "computer geek". Life is good!

What swap? I'm looking for more young chickens. Are you asking about Trading Days at the MoCo fairground? It's in May (always Sunday).
I haven't seen any fliers yet at the feed store. Are you interested in swapping chickens with other people?

Back
Top Bottom