Texas

Hey y'all! This is Eleanor. A sweet, sweet, 2 year old australorpe. She was part of my original 8 that I ordered as chicks. I needed to downsize my flock, so I gave her and 2 others to my SIL, and she was doing great until her rooster died. Then the hens turned on her, attacking her head and neck. I took her back, and my girls are doing the same thing. So, does anyone in the New Braunfels area want her? I do have her separated from my girls at night. Sweet girl. Excellent layer. Please help! I cannot travel more than 30 min away and I'm leaving town on Wednesday.

UPDATE: We found her a good home!
1f604.png

Hey y'all! This is Eleanor. A sweet, sweet, 2 year old australorpe. She was part of my original 8 that I ordered as chicks. I needed to downsize my flock, so I gave her and 2 others to my SIL, and she was doing great until her rooster died. Then the hens turned on her, attacking her head and neck. I took her back, and my girls are doing the same thing. So, does anyone in the New Braunfels area want her? I do have her separated from my girls at night. Sweet girl. Excellent layer. Please help! I cannot travel more than 30 min away and I'm leaving town on Wednesday.

UPDATE: We found her a good home!
1f604.png
Awesome! She sure is a looker.

My pure Ameracaunas are now laying. My last experimental batch rendered 3 blues and one black. The rooster is blue and so are the hens. The recessive gene can lead to black or splash offspring but the majority tut out blue.

Possibly... My daughter is about to bring her in now. She hasn't been panting like the others. (Yes they have plenty of cool water that I change out every hour).
You are about six hours east of us so you probably have a good deal of humidity. Is there a way you can position a fan to just circulate air. Not actually blow on them. And, you might try getting some gallon jugs filled with water and frozen. Put them around for them to huddle around. It really does help them cool down. We are currently 95 degrees with no heat index today. My chickens have plenty of cool water and shade but as soon as I took out their frozen jugs (four of them in their coop) they all went inside. I put them on the floor since cool air sinks. It actually lowers the temp by 10-15 degrees.

You are about six hours east of us so you probably have a good deal of humidity. Is there a way you can position a fan to just circulate air. Not actually blow on them. And, you might try getting some gallon jugs filled with water and frozen. Put them around for them to huddle around. It really does help them cool down. We are currently 95 degrees with no heat index today. My chickens have plenty of cool water and shade but as soon as I took out their frozen jugs (four of them in their coop) they all went inside. I put them on the floor since cool air sinks. It actually lowers the temp by 10-15 degrees.

The humidity is ridiculous! A couple hours ago it was 97 with an index of 102. I've been setting out a couple of frozen water jugs but I may add some 2 liter bottles that we've been saving up

Back
Top Bottom