Texas

It is out of my range, I live in East Texas, but Deb T, feel free to ask questions. There are no dumb questions for raising chickens, and there is a lot of experience here from hatching, to coops, and anything you might think of. There is a wealth of knowledge here, and we are willing to share information.
frow.gif

Well, we missed all the tornados, and the Coronation Sussex birds are laying like gang busters.

Isn't it crazy how we, as Texans< have to worry about tornados now...
I have always only worried about the hurricanes.....
It only seems like I have had to worry about these silly/nasty tornadoes in the last few years.

Hello from Petibone tx. I'm about 1 mile from the ideal poultry chicken houses. And about 4 miles from the office in Cameron tx. They are great people to deal with.

Well, we missed all the tornados, and the Coronation Sussex birds are laying like gang busters.

Isn't it crazy how we, as Texans< have to worry about tornados now...
I have always only worried about the hurricanes.....
It only seems like I have had to worry about these silly/nasty tornadoes in the last few years.

DH grew up in Texas and says he had a reoccurring childhood nightmare about running from a tornado with his siblings in tow. I don't think they're new ;)

My new six-week olds are due to arrive from McMurray next week! I can't wait. One will be a silver-laced Wyandotte. She will be the first of her breed I've had, what's your experience with them?

I had a blue splashed Wyandotte. I gave her to my daughter. She was very sweet, but not a great layer. However, I believe she didn't lay that great because she was breed more to show than to lay eggs. I think you will be happy. I have always had good luck with McMurray. I have 3 Easter Eggers from them, and 4 Red Star. Very pretty looking and good layers.

DH grew up in Texas and says he had a reoccurring childhood nightmare about running from a tornado with his siblings in tow. I don't think they're new
wink.png

Last night, near Leakey, we had a funnel cloud start to come down above the house. It started shaking, and I was getting ready to grab my son and run. He looked at me and said "Mom, I think we are having an earthquake." The house was shaking bad. I think it was just the down drafts. God was watching over us, because it went back up in the clouds. We normally live near the Gulf Coast, and are ready for Hurricanes. This was a new adventure.

Back
Top Bottom