The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eggs have arrived! Setting 41 eggs in total. Lavender orpingtons, chocolate/mauve orpingtons, chocolate cuckoo orpingtons, frizzle tolbunt Polish, bantam calico cochins, wheaton ameraucana, showgirl/stripper, silver double laced barnevelders, and blue laced red wyandotte.
20190329_201010.jpg

My eggs have arrived! Setting 41 eggs in total. Lavender orpingtons, chocolate/mauve orpingtons, chocolate cuckoo orpingtons, frizzle tolbunt Polish, bantam calico cochins, wheaton ameraucana, showgirl/stripper, silver double laced barnevelders, and blue laced red wyandotte. View attachment 1719409
So jealous of all those breeds. We don't have those anywhere around here.

So jealous of all those breeds. We don't have those anywhere around here.
I had them shipped. Half are from Louisiana and the rest are from North Carolina. It was quite the struggle. I got an email from the Postmaster that since I hadn't picked up my package yet (3 hours after they called me to say they had arrived), that they were being returned! Their email said that they had given me 15 days to pick them up.

Got home from a 9 day trip last night. Had not planned on being able to join in the hatchalong because being unable to ready the incubator, etc.. This morning my blue olive egger was puffy and letting everyone know to keep their distance. This evening at lock-up she was tight on a nest.
:yesss:
She now has 6 eggs from my black Ameraucana that were laid in a nest not collected while I was gone (DH didn't know the Am laid in a different place).
Sooo, I'm in :wee

All but one of my girls are laying now, and the eggs are fertile (FBCM cockerel). And I got great news from the doctor, so I am in! I will be setting approximately 18 eggs from my mixed flock. {BR, CM, BF, CBB, BB, SF, GLW, and hopefully the WM will be laying fertile eggs by the start date.}
Updating my previous post: the White Marans did start laying. I am setting 40 eggs today! (I ordered some eggs as well, but as of 2:13am they were at the USPS distribution center, so they didn't get here in time for the hatch-a-long.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom