The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is common to need to add water. Many use surgical hose to fill the tanks using the vent opening.

I am hatching in a Brinsea octagon and have a humidity pump
GREAT idea to use surgical hose through the vent! My sister has a baor full of ringneck pheasant eggs and can't seem to get the humidity stablized. That's a WONDERFUL suggestion!

I’m a little concerned I didn’t make my partitions high enough to prevent climbers in a couple of them.

Oh, my, I'm in the same boat! I have mine so that it separates the Ovation into 12 slots (I like to track exactly who comes out of which egg). My first to hatch is trying to give me an ulcer by playing leapfrog over top of my hardware cloth partitions! :eek: He's currently chilling in one of the corners where I have a heat sink, and there's not a lot of space for him to climb anymore. He's not being smooshed or anything, so I say he's fine there. Meanwhile, second to hatch keeps putting her head over the top and trying to hang herself. :th Gonna have to rethink my design for the next hatch in there!

Oh, my, I'm in the same boat! I have mine so that it separates the Ovation into 12 slots (I like to track exactly who comes out of which egg). My first to hatch is trying to give me an ulcer by playing leapfrog over top of my hardware cloth partitions! :eek: He's currently chilling in one of the corners where I have a heat sink, and there's not a lot of space for him to climb anymore. He's not being smooshed or anything, so I say he's fine there. Meanwhile, second to hatch keeps putting her head over the top and trying to hang herself. :th Gonna have to rethink my design for the next hatch in there!

Chill babies... chill!

I was concerned about being too tall, I didn’t want to measure with the eggs in so I just guessed. That was my first problem. And in my estimations, I certainly forgot to account for leapfrogging over other eggs. :he

I was super pleased with how easy it was to get in and out and get this one from my middle compartment, so I’ll just continue to monitor and pull when it feels right.

Good luck!

Omg:eek: I just found out the Tractor Supply where my mama lives has silver leghorns for $1.50 a chick. I won't be up that way til Sunday, please please let them still be there Sunday.

I may call my mama and get her to get me some tomorrow lol.

You want the leghorns call her ask her to garb them she can keep them in a cardboard box

X2 ask her to grab you some!! That is a great deal and well worth it. They will probably be gone by Sunday so I say ask her to get you some!!

GREAT idea to use surgical hose through the vent! My sister has a baor full of ringneck pheasant eggs and can't seem to get the humidity stablized. That's a WONDERFUL suggestion!
I think Aart found this.. works well
upload_2019-4-19_18-58-51.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom