The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another pip, this one in the top middle of the egg. Chick still alive as I saw it poke through the outer membrane. The other chicken egg was rocking earlier along with my duck egg, I figured I still had 3 days left on. So
fl.gif
and toes for a 100% first time hatch and with all my variance in temps I am eggstatic.
wee.gif

edited because I flunked spelling....THANKS Mr Frazier
smack.gif

Last edited:
Joyful,

I was the same way!!! Only without the cheeps! (and I love how you put cheep cheep... that is how they say it in Mexico rather than peep). The key is to give them their privacy... Haha.

How would we like to unzip with someone watching?!
big_smile.png

LOL!

Happy Easter! Still nothing going on here.
hit.gif
How long should I wait before candling? Please babies pip!

I have 16 eggs left I will hold off for a bit there is still signs of life in the eggs, Today was hatch day anyways so I will give atleast 2 more days. I have had to help a few out the shell and there doing fine I have about 40+ Chicks right now and waiting on the other 16! HAPPY EASTER

If you had them in a turner, then hatching them upright will help. They should be hatched the way they were set , so if you set them on their side then you should hatch them on their side. Hope this makes sense.
OOPS!!! i guess I missed that - I was told to take them out of the turner at lockdown and lay them on thier sides, with wide end of air sac up.....

Well there is 2 more pipped in the bator. Looks like 30 duds (didn't count) Have go over where mare and colt is .
Want to wish everyone a HAPPY EASTER) BE SAFE IN WHATEVER YOU DO TODAY. I am going to my daughters house for dinner. Deal with chicky when I get back.
This is what is left from my Easter hatch.

Here is our one little chick that has hatched so far!
wee.gif

I hope this means the other 11 still have a good chance, none of them are giving any signs yet and we are on day 22/23

Has anyone had eggs set at the same time in the same incubator hatch at completely different times? 16/18 of my EE eggs have already hatched (started Friday. finished early this am), but only 1 of 10 of the Ameraucana eggs has hatched (early this am) and I am not seeing any more pips. I know that they were all growing before lockdown... Whats the deal??!!

Yes! That was the Blue Egg Layer from the UofArkansas hatch--took three full days for all of them to hatch. This hatc, the SG Dorkings took two days to all hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom