The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already posted my hatch results but I need some help. I took photos of my egg-topsies. They are very graphic and sad but I am hoping that some of you experts that have been so wonderful with your help and expertise might be able to look at these photos and offer some advise as to what you think could have gone wrong. Some photos show the baby with the unabsorbed yolk and other show the babies with the yolk fully absorbed. It seems as though so many made it to lock down and then died. Should I post these here or somewhere else? Jill
I am not sure how most feel, I don't mind them as its part of learning about incubation! If your not comfortable posting here come and post in the diary thread and there are plenty of us to help you out as you know! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/704328/diary-notes-air-cell-detatched-shipped-eggs/9440

Also here is some links from https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Help - I have 2 muscovy eggs still in the incubator but they aren't hatching. I candled and saw no pips so I thought they were dead but when I made a view hole in the shell they started moving. Now what do I do? Do I open the hole wider and open the outer membrane or just leave it and hope it pips. I'm concerned that the membrane is too tough or drying or shrinking and they can't move. Aahhhh! What should I do?

Good Morning everyone!!!! Today is going to be a great day! (even though I turn 36 today). Wishing you all a grand day!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)
yippiechickie.gif

Help - I have 2 muscovy eggs still in the incubator but they aren't hatching. I candled and saw no pips so I thought they were dead but when I made a view hole in the shell they started moving. Now what do I do? Do I open the hole wider and open the outer membrane or just leave it and hope it pips. I'm concerned that the membrane is too tough or drying or shrinking and they can't move. Aahhhh! What should I do?
what day is it for them? did you see beaks or you didn't open them enough... how much fluid is under membranes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom