The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost threw out the rest of my Call eggs. Left 4 in, had no hope, but do believe in miracles. I just picked one up and saw movement in the aircell that I mistook for an internal pip. I put a small hole in that end because NO WAY was I going to lose a pipped baby to suffocation. It pipped the aircell right in front of my eyes(that was the movement I was seeing). I would never recommend doing what I did but mine are dire circumstances as I lose them one by one. GOD IS GOOD!! Now I pray! I can't tell you the feeling I have right now!

Can't wait to find out how they turn out! When were they due to hatch?

I HAVE 2 PIPS!!
ya.gif

I tried, but no way I'm going to be able to keep up to all the posts! :(

I want to confirm my Hatch-A-Long numbers:

Bantam Silver-Laced Wyandottes: 10 Eggs Set, 5 Hatched. (I had a few infertiles.)

OK, so I found out why one of my ducklings didn't hatch.. It quite confusing on how this happened. Never saw anything like it before.. Here are the pics I took.. If you have a weak stomach don't look.

As you can see the yolk is around it's neck and one of its legs was stuck there also. Weird right?!
I had something similar, though not as extreme happen to one of my silver duckwing bantams I have never seen anything like it. all the others from that batch had hatched days earlier and no movement but when i candled i saw an internal pip, so i opened it and was shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom