The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My final stats are: 17 set, 6 hatched (2 under one broody hen, 1 under another but it got smushed dead), 3 in incubator. So, five live chicks: 3 black Penedesenca and 2 BCM.

Local breeders, not shipped eggs.

And the wild turkey egg did not hatch.

I am very happy with five chicks. (And so are Sparkle inside the house and Angel outside in the coop!)

My final stats are: 17 set, 6 hatched (2 under one broody hen, 1 under another but it got smushed dead), 3 in incubator. So, five live chicks: 3 black Penedesenca and 2 BCM.

Local breeders, not shipped eggs.

And the wild turkey egg did not hatch.

I am very happy with five chicks. (And so are Sparkle inside the house and Angel outside in the coop!)
Thank You!

Thats awesome! I wonder what would have happened if they left the ducklings with the cat for a few days.

Shucks, I thought this video showed the whole one I saw. The ducklings actually started to nurse on her!! They kept them there with the mama cat then they show them way big..white ducks following the cat around with her kittens. Will see if I can find that one!

Let's see if this works..saw it on fb..quite the story.

Last edited:
yup,
thumbsup.gif
its at the very top of the Hatching 101 article, I think its the first link too!

Oh .. should have known you would already have it! Pretty cool.

Those geese are soo cool looking. They have such a majestic look about them in their faces/eyes. My grandmother had geese. Brings back memories.
smile.png

MY GEESE HATCHED! whoooooo two from the first batch, three more on lockdown and 26 in the other incubators!

Congrats! They are soo adorable!

So all 4 of my ducklings hatched of Friday. They all pipped on Tuesday day 25 and they all hatched Friday morn day 28.

They are just the cutest lol

Love them! Glad they all hatched for you!

Shucks, I thought this video showed the whole one I saw. The ducklings actually started to nurse on her!! They kept them there with the mama cat then they show them way big..white ducks following the cat around with her kittens. Will see if I can find that one!

Let's see if this works..saw it on fb..quite the story.

WOW! look how big those ducks were! that was adorable!

when broodies hatch chicks, is there a love connection where the chicks once older will look at them and think "hey ma"?

WOW! look how big those ducks were! that was adorable!

when broodies hatch chicks, is there a love connection where the chicks once older will look at them and think "hey ma"?

You know what? I've wondered that, but I haven't seen it..or them showing anything like that. ??

They look at me with more love in their eyes, waiting for treats!

Last edited:
You know what?  I've wondered that, but I haven't seen it..or them showing anything like that.   ??  

They look at me with more love in their eyes, waiting for treats!

I have to say I don't think chicks care at least mine don't. But my 2 ducks and goose come running to Mr still and want to cuddle in my lap even though they've been in a pen outside for over a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom