The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your state may pay for spaying and neutering (as well as cat food) if you sign an agreement that the cats are used as natural pest control. A co-worker of mine was mentioning this to me, she runs a small dairy farm. She also gets a lot of cat drop-offs. It's worth checking with your state agricultural office.
Personally, I love the idea of letting the cats take care of the mice instead of having to put out poisons.

I love it too- but cats reproduce quickly, I already have about 14- I didint want any more after my original 4. I rehome all the kittens I can, but sometimes no one wants them- so my population goes up again. It's frustrating. NV has no such program. I've called so many places :(

Oh my gosh I am finally caught up. I was hundreds of posts behind So I took a long moment to skim through. I love everyones egg pictures!

Hi,
We have set our eggs and would like to participate in the Easter Hatch-a-long. 15 eggs total - 3 from an Ameraucana flock and 12 from a mixed flock of Silkies and Frizzles.

Last edited:
We made a chart!
big_smile.png

What a cutie! You have a good helper there!

OK My total set it 83

9 Silkied Ameraucanas
5 Black Mottled Japs
11 Bantam AMs = Black over Chocolate
5 Silkie
6 Blue Bantam Langshan
1 BBS Sumatra
3 American Game
5 Bantam Ameraucana = Black over Lavender and Black
38 Mixes, mostly OE and EE and hopefully Lavender Layers

Also adding 4 Coturnix and I hope to have more to add in a few days.

My big pens have zero eggs....STILL!!!! Was hoping to add some Marans, SPPRs and LF AMs to this, but I got nothin. Really wondering what is going on. We haven't had real cold for this area in over 2 months, so not sure why they aren't laying. Usually they're all my best layers. I hear egg songs, so I may be adding some more. That is if my new grandson doesn't decided to be born today.

Just love looking at everybody's eggs that are being set and looking forward to all the others that will be set.

My total #42 eggs just set.
14 Lav Ameraucana eggs From BHep
14 of myChocolate/ Dun Laced Bantam Polish
eggs
8 of my Buff Bantam Polish eggs
6 of my Araucana eggs

Thank you BHep for the 14 Beautiful Lavender Ameraucans eggs. Love them!

Quote: http://friendsofanimals.org/spay_neuter_certificate_information

If you can find a vet or clinic around you that takes these, there is no income requirement. I'm getting two for the strays that have shown up this past winter. One is a male, but I'm worried the other might be a female. I used to work at an animal shelter and the words "kitten season" still make me break out in a cold sweat. Kittens are great online, where I can look at pictures of them and not actually have to deal with them.

So this is what I set and how many Total set 18

8 Silkie over D'Uccle
10 mutt combo NH or Del Roo over CA Grey or Dorking

Pics to come. my phone and email aren't speaking at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom